Bike stalls going into gear

Island_Style_trials

Hello, I have a '91 Yamaha TY250R "pinky" that I purchased a few years back, it was the bike i learned to ride on when I was 13 and was sold to someone else and I scored it when it came up for sale on kijiji. The bike has suddenly developed an issue, when I put it into gear from nuetral into first gear with the clutch fully engaged the bike lunges forward and immediatly stalls. The bike is idling normally and the last time I rode it, was nearly a year and a half ago I recall this being an issue but I dont recall the clutch being worn out. Does anyone has any ideas of what may be causing this? thanks.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The stuck clutch packs was the issue, I was able to free them up by rocking the bike back and forth throughout the gears with the clutch in. I would have ridden it around but my backyard is about 30 sq feet and the roads are still covered in ice and snow here! Thanks again!

• Like 2