2020 4rt, anyone got one?

monteeman

Hello again, I was just wondering if anyone has bought one of the  2020 4rt.'s the base model, or repsol one

its meant to have less engine braking. Has it?

Anyone tried one?

Anyone tried one who had an older 4rt,, 250 or 260? any noticeable difference?

cheers

I've had 250,260,300 and now 301 and its noticeable from a 250 to a 260 and again from the 300 to the 301.

I believe the same mod is done to all the 2020 bikes so should see a similar difference although the 301 rr engine has many other benefits with the extra smooth torque

• Like 3

im thinking of changing my 300rr, and the new 301 is out of my price range.

I simply cant justify the extra 2 grand on top of a base 260,, for a 301, and find the 300 can sometimes be a bit too much for my slow riding style, altho I do like the softness off the bottom of the throttle from the 300rr, compared to my old 250s' which I always thought were a bit of an on/off switch to be honest.

I was wondering if perhaps the new 260 had this similar softness of the 300rr, and lack of engine braking, but am struggling to find anyone who had ridden the new 260 (2020 model with increased breather size for less engine braking), to find out..

I only really bought the 300 cos it was about the same price as a 2nd hand base 260.

Well, you only live once...and its only money...….cant take it with you etc......….the pin has been pulled.

The 300rr is gone and I am  waiting for my brand noo 2020 260 to arrive.  

Ive ordered some uprated springs for the front and back, cos im no skinny racing snake, im  fat, and proud  :)

I will let you know how it compares, altho to be fair - I didn't have a lot of time on the 300, I found it was a bit much, and am hoping the 260 will be a bit softer/ slower, and will suit my slower riding style.  I hope I don't regret getting rid of the 300....time will tell....

Ive only ever had two other brand new bikes  in my 35 years of riding, and one of them was a 05 4rt, the other a hayabusa

its like waiting for Christmas, 5 more sleeps :)

woo hoo….

Edited by monteeman
  • Like 1

no.....no.....no..... you seem to have mistaken me for someone with money...…... i couldt afford, or justify a 301. 

to be honest I only bought the 300 because I got a great deal on it, because I was initially looking for a base 260.

I like going fast on the roads, slow in the setions , :) its a ying and yang thing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/21/2020 at 4:47 PM, jimmyl said:

I've had 250,260,300 and now 301 and its noticeable from a 250 to a 260 and again from the 300 to the 301.

I believe the same mod is done to all the 2020 bikes so should see a similar difference although the 301 rr engine has many other benefits with the extra smooth torque

Hello,

is there a big step in performance between the 300 and the 301 ? 

from what i have heard the 301 is smoother and softer in low revs ? 

i now have a beta 300 4t on a bosi exhaust and it has plenty of power in high revs but lacks a bit of low end grunt (used to ride a very powerful bsa B40) 

kind regards bob

• 4 months later...

I have a 2020 repsol, i have never ridden a previous year, but the engine breaking is only slightly more than a 2T,as in virtually none, the bike has been great but had a torrid time in thick clay mud,the lack of ability to find grip was frustratingI tired gear 1-3rd,off the throttle cluch,revin the tits off it then trying to grip when shutting the throttle,grip was like ice. overall the bike is bloody awesome, I'm thinking about getting some set back footrests, apparently this can help with grip, maybe an IRC rear tyre.