Model 221 airbox

ssdt1980

10 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

How does it differ from this one ?  ;-

https://www.inmotiontrials.com/product/sherpa-158-159-air-box/

Yes it looks the same from what's left of the one I took off.. but as it didn't list 221 I figured it was different in some way... Guess this will fit OK?  Didn't know if someone had made an aftermarket alloy version... 

6 minutes ago, ssdt1980 said:

Yes it looks the same from what's left of the one I took off.. but as it didn't list 221 I figured it was different in some way... Guess this will fit OK? 

You could try asking the seller.......

There are two types of that style of airbox. The 325/350 version is the better in my opinion as the side panels are slightly concave, bent inwards, and less likely to be damaged by your boots rubbing on them. The 250 version has slightly convex side panels and is more prone to wear from your boots. It's very difficult to pick up which is which when looking at photos but all the smaller capacity bikes I have seen in the flesh have the 250 style airbox, whereas the 'inmotion' one appears to be the more desirable 325 style.

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sherpa325 said:

There are two types of that style of airbox. The 325/350 version is the better in my opinion as the side panels are slightly concave, bent inwards, and less likely to be damaged by your boots rubbing on them. The 250 version has slightly convex side panels and is more prone to wear from your boots. It's very difficult to pick up which is which when looking at photos but all the smaller capacity bikes I have seen in the flesh have the 250 style airbox, whereas the 'inmotion' one appears to be the more desirable 325 style.

Cheers Greg

That's really helpful Greg cheers, looks like the one to get then thanks.