Gasgas

Robert n

11 hours ago, Robert n said:

Last I read , KTM has purchase 80% of their shares . Hopefully ,,Trials bikes are part of their big plan, Gas Gas has a big foot print in trials industry Still...,,,it was their primary foundation

I'm being positive to think its like when HONDA bought most of MONTESA's shares of the company 

Edited by Agent808

I will be interested to read more about parts support for 2019 and older models and who this new entity will be.  I recently purchased a 2012 TXT 250 pro and I plan to keep it a long time.

Iv always fancied a gasgas but never got one as they always get slagged off for not being built well  i dont know if thats right i never took the risk so was thinking ktm input might make it a better bike sorry if thats insulting to you lads who own one 

On 2/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, lineaway said:

The latest word in North America.

gasgasletter.jpg

Id read on another forum about a uk dealer that ktm were demanding that to sell gasgas they had to spend a fortune on a new display which they couldn't afford so were losing gasgas 

Here in the northwest corner of the northwest USA, the whole business of motorcycles is just enough to support one dealer. He sells several makes including KTM and also Honda. He has no interest in trials and does not seem aware that Honda Montesa has a world class trials machine. He really likes KTM, but I can bet he will not want to add trials machines under the Gas Gas name.  Right now there does not seem to be any answers to who will be a Gas Gas dealer and the few dealers nation wide seem to be just trying to sell off what they have. 

• Like 1

I have no time for Gas Gas, around 2007 I bought a 98 Txt 250, having had it only a short while it started making a bit of a rattle, I stripped it to find plating migrating from the barrel, I had it replated but could I get a piston? I called Gas Gas UK who really didn't care, even emailed the factory, nobody cared, nobody could tell me when they would be available, the old piston had to have a clean up and go back in, I then sold it, long term does Gas Gas have a trials future? their lack of financial stability plus my previous parts experience put them right out of contention when I bought my new bike 3 yrs back.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, misscrabstick said:

I have no time for Gas Gas, around 2007 I bought a 98 Txt 250, having had it only a short while it started making a bit of a rattle, I stripped it to find plating migrating from the barrel, I had it replated but could I get a piston? I called Gas Gas UK who really didn't care, even emailed the factory, nobody cared, nobody could tell me when they would be available, the old piston had to have a clean up and go back in, I then sold it, long term does Gas Gas have a trials future? their lack of financial stability plus my previous parts experience put them right out of contention when I bought my new bike 3 yrs back.

That was 13 years ago and the bike was ten years old then, but I see your point, objectively things are very different now..............

Edited by nigel dabster
  • Like 1