Gasgas

Robert n

I can only speak from experiance, Gas Gas UK have been great with me in often difficult times with the state of the business. Always helped me out with any queries, advice on setup and repairs etc. The 4 bikes I have owned have 04, 17, 18, 19 vintages have not been without problems but I had no issues with spares, warranty claim and general maintenance and repairs. 

End of the day if you buy one you have to be willing to spin the spanners more than most, 

Admitedly, I am about to scratch the 4rt itch, most likely a silly idea if I'm honest but if you don't try you'll never know. The current climate with KTM and Gas Gas has played a part in that, I've been told KTM sales are generally low, not sure how true that is? Rumours of KTM treating dealers and associates pretty roughly, that's annoyed me the most of I'm honest. 

If it all settles and I can get the same level of service I have received previously from the same team then I'd happily have another 4 gassers if/when the 4rt beats me up.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 8:03 AM, nigel dabster said:

That was 13 years ago and the bike was ten years old then, but I see your point, objectively things are very different now..............

Appreciate things may of changed but I bought a brand new 93 250 contact off bvm and had gearbox issues . Service off bvm and gas gas Uk was appalling -  having got no joy from bvm they supposedly arranged for John shirt Jnr to take the bike back with him after a local national - maybe kickham that we both rode and sort out issues ready for another local nation maybe cotswold cup?? A few weeks later . After much chasing I Was informed that they had not had chance to look at the bike in time for the next event so I asked if they could at least give the bike a wash and clean air filter etc ready for the trial they were bringing it back too - disappointing to say bike was taken out of shirtys van completely untouched and dirty - ready for me to ride a national . I’m pretty sure his bike was spotless and fully serviced !!

suffice to say I have little little respect for bvm as was and for john shirt junior ever since 

On 3/4/2020 at 8:33 PM, jimmyl said:

Appreciate things may of changed but I bought a brand new 93 250 contact off bvm and had gearbox issues . Service off bvm and gas gas Uk was appalling -  having got no joy from bvm they supposedly arranged for John shirt Jnr to take the bike back with him after a local national - maybe kickham that we both rode and sort out issues ready for another local nation maybe cotswold cup?? A few weeks later . After much chasing I Was informed that they had not had chance to look at the bike in time for the next event so I asked if they could at least give the bike a wash and clean air filter etc ready for the trial they were bringing it back too - disappointing to say bike was taken out of shirtys van completely untouched and dirty - ready for me to ride a national . I’m pretty sure his bike was spotless and fully serviced !!

suffice to say I have little little respect for bvm as was and for john shirt junior ever since 

thats clearly over 17 years ago and i respectfully suggest times have chaanged and would he still be in business if this was typical? I have nothing but praise for them whenever warranty has been an issue, im on my tenth and had two "relatively" minor issues sorted foc. 

I understand the position you take, and i did a smilar thing with makita tools in 1988 where i felt short changed by a warranty item and havent bought a single tool of theirs since.

• Like 1