2017 280 GG contac trialer ,,any bad review on reliabilty ?

Agent808

. There's a 2017 GG 280 trial contac for sale ,Since its 3yrs old I'm sure issues has arise ,, can anybody fill me in !!! The Selling price is $3600 .

My next concern is : OEM and After-Market PARTS AVAILABILE a problem ? since they (GAS GAS )may file Bankruptcy even though KTM bought 80% of company shares  may take awhile for KTM assort things out .

I still have my trustee 2001 txt 280 edition ( 1st owner ) ,,,stone reliable but parts are hard to come by . I used Trials bike to cut NEW trails , I'm not really a trialer but I use my GG to squeezing thru the Jungle here in Hawai"i 

Thanks .

Edited by Agent808

I have 2017 GG 250 Contac, not the e-start. Have probably put more than 100 hours on it. Has needed nothing other than a couple oil changes. I did change the fork oil, but it was pretty clean, not the usual dark from break-in. Also put a Dunlop  D803GP on it in place of stock Pirelli.  Like the bigger gas tank, the suspension is nothing to brag about, but works fine for my 180 lb, and basic skill level. Mine has the Dellorto 26 on it and the idle jet needed a bit of adjustment to run good, and smooth.  Jim Snell has bunches of Gasgas videos on YouTube from his past being the US distributor.  Lots of trials dealers list parts and plastic for Gasgas. Jitsie makes nice fenders that I replaced the rear with after a fall. Hope this helps with your decision.

Art

On 2/29/2020 at 1:09 PM, sherco70 said:

I have 2017 GG 250 Contac, not the e-start. Have probably put more than 100 hours on it. Has needed nothing other than a couple oil changes. I did change the fork oil, but it was pretty clean, not the usual dark from break-in. Also put a Dunlop  D803GP on it in place of stock Pirelli.  Like the bigger gas tank, the suspension is nothing to brag about, but works fine for my 180 lb, and basic skill level. Mine has the Dellorto 26 on it and the idle jet needed a bit of adjustment to run good, and smooth.  Jim Snell has bunches of Gasgas videos on YouTube from his past being the US distributor.  Lots of trials dealers list parts and plastic for Gasgas. Jitsie makes nice fenders that I replaced the rear with after a fall. Hope this helps with your decision.

Art

Thanks For responding ! good to hear your GG is holding up well as expected . Thanks again I'll plug into Jitsie ,see what they got

I have a 2017 250 Contact.   I have had zero problems. It needed jetting for my location.  Still using the same 2 year old plug after it was jetted.  Other than the seat being crap.  It is a great seat as long as the trail is pavement smooth and you weigh as much as a 12 year old girl.  Do not use it.  It will break where it mounts in the back.   I think it has the current 2017 engine as the TXT.  So, parts can be found for a long time.  Jeff

Have not used the seat, and don't intend to, on mine. Seems the dealers are in limbo with the KTM buy. Bought mine from a long time trusted friend who is dealer and took on Gas Gas 3 years ago.  Even if he loses the Gas Gas dealership, he will still support us who have them. 

Art