singesavant

Trs raga last generation engine

Hi folks,

I am trying to figure out when was the year which has seen the switch in regard of the engine department? 

I do know that as for 2020 the TRS R and the TRRS (RAGA) do share the same engine block (which is apparently quite alive compare to older gen) engine which came from 2019 TRRS RAGA...

now here lies my question: was the 2018 TRRS RAGA equipped with this very same engine (new cylinder, combustion chamber, CDI...) or was the 2018 the older version which was apparently a bit more anemic?

I am considering getting a 2018 TRRS 250cc and I would rather make sure that it is equipped with the new engine .

Thanks for your inputs

Davy

Edited by singesavant

davy

you maybe right , I have just had my first ride on a new TRRS 280 (2020 ) and the mid range did feel to come in a lot quicker than my 2018 bike although ive not had chance to put my slow action throttle on !

for a real technical question like that - as your in france  I would ask philipe bellatier at TR3b - or try steve saunders direct

Tx mate, so far I got this answer from trs uk:

"2016/17/18/19 One
2017RR
All use the first generation motor
2018/2019/2020RR
2020R
Use the 2nd generation motor. . 
The main differences are kickstart mechanism main bearing and seal arrangements.

I hope this helps "

I truly thought they were some cylinder port timing and cylinder head chamber change being done...

Anyway tx for your help

Davy

Edited by singesavant

I had a 2017 250 RR and I found it ok with just a med/fast throttle tube, I now have a 2018 250 Gold which is a lot faster, I have had to really calm it down. Hope this helps.

I just bought a used 300 raga (couldnt find a 250), seller sold it to me as a 2018 model I didn t even bother looking closely since it was a very clean bike...
then i just realized my bike (Spanish model) doesn' t look like other 2018 (french) RR other folks in my local club have:
*mine has a red cylinder head which apparently only came in 2019 raga...
*mine has regular forks not golded and not blacks lower tube...
*on mine the stickers are from raga 2019 model and no swing arm sticker either as per 2017...
*my handle bar is black has per 2017 model unlike my mate have the reken white one...

Any suggestion folks, I am totally confused?
Maybe the serial numbers will reveal the date model?

As per the legal plate number and administrative document it appears it has been first road legal in december 2017...

Thanks for your help

Davy

rsz_20200311_190110_hdr_2.jpg