British Championship round 1

v1nn1e

As it's on my doorstep, almost literally, I went up to spectate at Hookwood last weekend.

Some of those sections looked truly gruesome, especially given the amount of mud that was around. I was having difficulty standing up on two feet, let alone two wheels!

Hats off to all of the competitors for sticking at it and rewarding us all with a great day; very well done!

• Like 2

On 3/10/2020 at 10:18 PM, al_orange said:

Really good video of it here. I'm still not convinced about stop allowed but this looks like a very exciting trial to watch. 

https://youtu.be/97zSrcMc0sg

I loved the video too. And I thought stop-allowed combined with the time limit worked well. No-stop would be a nightmare at that level. It was a real problem at the Southern Experts last year when we were told to be super strict on stopping.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, trapezeartist said:

I loved the video too. And I thought stop-allowed combined with the time limit worked well. No-stop would be a nightmare at that level. It was a real problem at the Southern Experts last year when we were told to be super strict on stopping.

I watched a lot of the older videos on stop allowed and they were just "hop, hop, hop, wide open and dump clutch".. so I was concerned it would be like that but that course looked really well set out, albeit with some pretty intimidating sections. 

I'll reserve comment on no-stop at the southern experts as I don't want to spark another conversation about it! But this national round looked like a success. Real shame about the serious injury though.