GasGas 2019 Clutch Adjustment

Kevinoz

Hi guys,

Recently rejoined the trials scene after 15 years away from it and got myself a 2019 300.

Now the excuse for a manual talks about adjusting the clutch feel from Soft, through medium to an aggressive setting. 

Currently after riding the bike (albeit 20 mins in 2 quick sessions) to get bars, brakes and clutch lever setup. I am finding the engagement a bit too long and am assuming its in the soft setting. Now the manual shows a plate/spring with multiple holes. 

Anybody got a guide or able to describe how to change this. Not had the clutch cover off it yet. But will do at some point this coming week. 

Cheers for any help guys.

Think you just remove the spring and put it back in a different set of holes.You don't need to drain the radiator,just remove the pump with the hoses still attached and tie it up out of the way.To remove the kickstart undo the bolt a couple of turns and sharply bring the kickstart round to the starting position,it tends to stick on the shaft

I suspect your adjust clutch is something like this: https://www.splatshop.co.uk/xiu-rdi-adjustable-spring-clutch-support-plate-ossa.html

If so, huski is (mostly) correct. You actually remove the clutch spring retaining ring, and then rotate it by one or two mounting positions, and then re-secure. What you're doing is changing the preload on the clutch spring. And, yes, you can perform this change without draining any fluids; lay the bike on its side to retain the oil, and there's no reason to drain/remove/separate the water pump as it can stay with the clutch cover.

Jim Snell has a good video on how to access the clutch on a PRO.

Edited by d2w

2019 bike is slightly different to that video. They redesigned the case to make it easier to get to (see pic). Think you can get away without taking off the kickstart but its only one bolt and easier with it out of the way. Just under middle case bolts (leave the water pump alone) paying attention to the length of the bolts (3 different lengths) and remove case with hydraulics still connected. Use a zip tie to fasten out of the way. You can remove bolts next to the numbers and change the settings to either 1,2 or 3. Once you put the first bolt on its new setting move the rest accordingly with equal spacing. The different bolt positions alters the amount of pressure on the clutch pack and changes the speed of the clutch. I've also attached a picture of the Xiurdi plate which is the guy that designed it. GG one is the same just different colour.

GGclutch.jpg

xuirdiclutch.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks mate

Slightly different graphics on mine....... Looks the same model.

The last one left in Oz apparently (pinch of salt) and sold off cheap since KTM just bought them out. (Just figured out your image is a 2020)

IMG_2236.thumb.JPG.c71c0aef5e2f0069e32aa66e8f13802c.JPG

Edited by Kevinoz

14 hours ago, bumpy_ltd said:

Yes it was the best quality image I could find. There isn't that much difference between the 19 and the 20, certainly not in the clutch.

It looks almost like bold new graphics for the 2020. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, shyted said:

Was that a meat ant crossing the log at 1.41 ?:D

Yep, should see the size of the buggers. It gets bad when they bite at your back tire. Non stop trials in them woods ______ ?______?

• Like 1