Coronavirus and trials?

happycyd

A friend in Germany mentioned the next 2 trials events have been cancelled.  Events with more than 75 people are currently banned in their area.

Here in the states I have not heard of any events being cancelled, but it may be a regional thing.  MOTA doesn't have any events scheduled until May 17th.

Hi

here in Italy you can only walk, car only if you need to go in office for work (if you still work)

no practice for trial motocross road bike mountain bike et so on, nothing nothing nothing

Police stop you and ask you where are you going, you have to prove what are you doing (most of shop are close exept food and medicin)

... in a word we have to stay at home absolutly, the hospital are full

• Sad 4

On 3/12/2020 at 9:22 AM, happycyd said:

National and international trials events .

How long before they are affected?

what action should be taken , if any?

The poofs down at Taunton cancelled their trial for this week {15/3/20) because of VD, but Stroud are made of sterner stuff and theirs is going ahead today.  

Edited by stpauls

13 hours ago, trialsrfun said:

Worrying news Alberto. I have just heard that France is closing down all but essential services and talk of restrictions here from early next week. No words to describe the situation.

it's a tsunami

here in Italy we are simply one step ahead, so you can see what happen before

last week we closed most of the shop restaurant pub et so on, now Spain and France do the same

hospitals in north Italy are an exellence but now we are in a dramatic situation in the hospitals due to a lot of sicks, in addition, many doctors and nurses are now ill

so no one can take care of the numerous patients, the hospitals have many deaths and do not have time to make the funeral, my father is dying (not from the virus) I had to book the dead man's chest because there are none!

the best thing we can do now is not to have contact with other people and ...... pray (we have the time now)

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, stpauls said:

The poofs down at Taunton cancelled their trial for this week {15/3/20) because of VD, but Stroud are made of sterner stuff and theirs is going ahead today.  

WOW what a real grown up adult response  well richard head or can i call you DICK  ! Its up to clubs / volunteers  to decide if they run a trial or not and if  they decided not to run a trial for  what ever reason  instead of name calling respect there decision  .Tell you what DICK  why dont you start your own club then you can run it as you see fit and it will all be perfect ! but then you,ll be the one that will have to make a decision that someone dose not like 

• Thanks 3

Given the number of older riders at clubman trials it doesn't seem unreasonable to cancel at this time, mortality rates go up for anyone over 40.

Starting tomorrow the country is on lockdown here, so no travel and no trials for at least a couple of weeks!

Not one to be political, europe has halted all sports and taken drastic measures to try and halt the spread.  Whilst not particually concerned personally about catching it having read up, I do however feel its irrisponsible of the Acu to have let events go ahead this weekend along with the rugby and other sporting events. The only way to curb this is to get on top and quickly like Italy Spain and France have done, or trying to do.  Being brave and brassing it out.. might not be the brightess option. This is serious, and the sooner the world gets to grips with it the sooner we can get back to normality.   I am confined to my house and garden at the moment for the next fortnight, only out for food, and essentials, with huge fines if caught, not observing the rules.. we are all in it together.. remember that.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, metisse said:

Not one to be political, europe has halted all sports and taken drastic measures to try and halt the spread.  Whilst not particually concerned personally about catching it having read up, I do however feel its irrisponsible of the Acu to have let events go ahead this weekend along with the rugby and other sporting events. The only way to curb this is to get on top and quickly like Italy Spain and France have done, or trying to do.  Being brave and brassing it out.. might not be the brightess option. This is serious, and the sooner the world gets to grips with it the sooner we can get back to normality.   I am confined to my house and garden at the moment for the next fortnight, only out for food, and essentials, with huge fines if caught, not observing the rules.. we are all in it together.. remember that.

Agreed. In the scheme of things, how important is a bloody motorcycle competition compared to trying to slow the spread of a potentially deadly virus. 

The problem with the UK is that life is soooo comfortable and safe over here that people find it very hard to accept that bad things actually do happen. I feel really bad for the over 70s as it sounds like their fate is in our hands and some of us don't seem to give a toss. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, metisse said:

Its not to halt the spread, you cant actually do that its to slow the spread down so health services can cope. UK hasnt, more old people will die as a direct result.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 10:38 AM, faussy said:

Trials is relatively non contact, with pretty low attendances. UK wise, I can only really see concern over two trials, the 6 days and the world round in July. 

you cant see people coming from lots of different communities isnt a problem?