Coronavirus and trials?

happycyd

Statement on Covid-19
On behalf of ACU  

Statement on Covid-19
On behalf of ACU  

It is with regret that the ACU are suspending all competition and social activity until 30th April 2020, but this will be constantly reviewed. This is in response to the emerging guidance issued by HM UK Government in response to the outbreak of COVID-19.   

All permits for events during this time will be cancelled and reimbursed in full to the organising club/ promoter.   

As the National Governing Body would ask all ACU Members to act responsibly and follow the Government’s guidance during this difficult time. We have a responsibility and duty of care to our staff who will be working from home, so please be patient with any queries you may have.   

As of writing (17th March 2020) HM Government have advised: 

• - Persons to work from home where possible 
  • - People over the age of 70 to minimise social contact 
  • - Emergency services will not support mass gatherings 
  • - Stop non-essential travel  
  • - Avoid pubs, clubs, restaurants and cinemas  

This statement is supported in its entirety by AMCA

Up-to-date information on COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public

Had an email from ACU today. It's been decided and the point about the risk of putting pressure on medical services is well made IMO, in addition to the risk of transmission.

In the meantime, before events resume, I will be ordering parts from the various companies who supply goods and services to motorcyclists to fettle my regular ride, build up a couple of projects, replace some riding gear and stock my spares box. Support for the suppliers during this period of suspension will go some way to ensuring they are still trading when events resume.

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 15.11.51.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The ACU considers trials sufficiently safe that they don’t mandate any medical cover for trials. But then tell us not to practice because we will be putting pressure on the NHS. Meanwhile walkers are stepping off pavements into the road willy-billy to maintain their 2m separation.

11 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

The ACU considers trials sufficiently safe that they don’t mandate any medical cover for trials. But then tell us not to practice because we will be putting pressure on the NHS. Meanwhile walkers are stepping off pavements into the road willy-billy to maintain their 2m separation.

1 dont practice on your own 

2 you feel safe to practice without medical cover but you need it for trials ?

3  some were to practice at your house whats the problem BUT  if not how & were are you going to go practice ?

4 need 2m separation whos going to pick a bike off you or catch you ? see 1

just a thought  as the NHS is under pressure at the moment maybe the ACU thinks why give them more problems to sort  they may also think dicks will go and  practice on there own  so thus saving theses dicks from them selves . Lets think what maybe be need for a practice crash and were we practice =ambulance/air ambulance +medics ,even mountain rescue to get you to ambulance ,then trip to hospital might have to get a bed OR worse case scenario bike lands on you your stuck under it no one there to help your found in "x time" just coz you being a dick    DONT BE LIKE A DICK STAY AT HOME  

19 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

I guess if you have your own practice area - where you don't have to leave your address,- to travel too, you might be ok,......obviously hoping you do not need the services of the NHS, if you don't, and would need to travel to practice, (assuming you could find a practice area open, and with guide lines already in place they shouldn't be).....the the message, is STAY WHERE YOU ARE.

(Yes I work for the NHS,  Yes I also have trial's bikes I would love to ride)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, on it said:

1 dont practice on your own 

2 you feel safe to practice without medical cover but you need it for trials ?

3  some were to practice at your house whats the problem BUT  if not how & were are you going to go practice ?

4 need 2m separation whos going to pick a bike off you or catch you ? see 1

just a thought  as the NHS is under pressure at the moment maybe the ACU thinks why give them more problems to sort  they may also think dicks will go and  practice on there own  so thus saving theses dicks from them selves . Lets think what maybe be need for a practice crash and were we practice =ambulance/air ambulance +medics ,even mountain rescue to get you to ambulance ,then trip to hospital might have to get a bed OR worse case scenario bike lands on you your stuck under it no one there to help your found in "x time" just coz you being a dick    DONT BE LIKE A DICK STAY AT HOME  

Did I even say I am going anywhere to practice? Don't be a dick - stop jumping to conclusions.

An interesting discussion on risk, I spent most of today playing with the chainsaw (as many of my neighbours have been doing on their properties during the lockdown), I think in comparison pottering around some easy stuff on a trials bike in the garden is less risky provided the person doing it isn't a complete numpty

• Like 2

15 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

Did I even say I am going anywhere to practice? Don't be a dick - stop jumping to conclusions.

did i say you  or did i just use your statement  you made ?  why the acu said dont practice  all i did was give a reasons why not to practice  as the saying goes if the the cap fits ! if it makes someone think and stops them about going practice then good its done what it was meant to do sooner this is sorted the sooner we all get to go play and i hope all trials people make it through stay safe

Edited by on it
add

I'm sorry but I disagree totally with this stupid lock down!

You would have to be doing some pretty Big Stuff to require an ambulance. I just sprained my ankle and that's a rare injury for me - but I wouldn't dream of bothering the NHS; I'm happy to self-medicate at home.

I appreciate very much the huge effort that front line NHS staff are putting in, primarily because they have been so badly let down by the dick-heads in charge, who couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery. This is/was the UK Government's forward planning document for just such a pandemic - it says 'Flu' but is applicable to this situation...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/responding-to-a-uk-flu-pandemic

Basically, it's complete pants! All of the steps that have been carried out so far, and all of the reactive actions carried out by the Government are not mentioned once in this document.

Because of their utter, utter uselessness they have basically trashed the economy and many, many people, most likely the younger generation, will be paying for this for years.

If they had taken much earlier steps to isolate people in the high-risk category and to increase their supplies of ITU beds, then most likely the rest of us could have gone about our business largely as usual. They've even shunned help from the EU to join a group Ventilator purchase programme! ?

• Dislike 1