waterproof socks- what do you use?

monteeman

On 3/13/2020 at 10:00 PM, jon v8 said:

Which are waterproof for about a year,but they are good boots anyway.

I suppose it depends how often you wear them. My 2-3 year-old Gaerne's are standing up well. I was amazed when I came in to trials that they were the only boots that claimed to be waterproof. It seems like such a fundamental requirement. Anyway, I'm very happy with mine, my feet stay dry and warm and I only wear an ordinary pair of poly-cotton socks with them. (I would wear some thermal socks, but I should have bought the boots a size bigger.)

I use army goretex boot liners (for enduro mainly) and have ones that come up to my knee. They are very waterproof and I don't think I've ever had wet feet, apart from maybe a bit of damp from sweat.

Also, I always wear bridgedale trekker socks and they keep your feet perfectly warm even when soaked through. They are very comfy and just keep your feet comfortable whether it's hot or cold. I call them "my magic socks" and I've got about 10 pairs now. 

3 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

I suppose it depends how often you wear them. My 2-3 year-old Gaerne's are standing up well. I was amazed when I came in to trials that they were the only boots that claimed to be waterproof. It seems like such a fundamental requirement. Anyway, I'm very happy with mine, my feet stay dry and warm and I only wear an ordinary pair of poly-cotton socks with them. (I would wear some thermal socks, but I should have bought the boots a size bigger.)

Well I ride most weekends and wear them on the road too. I also play / practice during the week too. I just noticed a wet foot one day whilst walking a Dartmoor river section... It didn't bother me and I've bought another pair exactly the same since,I like them.The new ones and the knee length Sealskinz keep me dry and comfy.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 5:28 PM, monteeman said:

I wont be using plastic bags, f*ck that, your feet would sweat like nothing on earth in them

I also wont be investing in sealskinz either by the sound of it.

looks like its goretex socks for the win, or goretex boot liners.

thanks for the replies - well, the sensible ones.....

Try the sealskinz wash out by hand last for years.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I have some Sealskins socks, had them 3 years and they are great.

If in the UK look out for aldi shop fishing offers, they also have some good waterproof sock and they are half the price of the Sealskins brand

Edited by shakennstirred