Who is greasiest?

pindie

I’m dreaming of a new ride. Beta Evo factory 125 or 200 or Vertigo 200. Obvious differences in costs, equipment and bling levels.

I’m just wondering which one comes from the manufacturer best prepared? I’m happy to strip a new bike to grease things properly but does either manufacturer add enough grease during assembly to make this not needed? I just want to ride it!!!

What do you hope to grease..?   As far as I know, there are no grease nipples on trials bikes.   The engines are lubricated with petrol-oil mix, and the suspension contains thin lubricating damping oil.

You might want to grease the chain, but I prefer sticky chainsaw oil, applied with a paint-brush.

I was thinking which manufacturer has the best attention to detail when assembling steering head, swingarm and linkage bearings? 

When I’ve had new enduro bikes in the past I’ve always stripped and greased them from new as nearly all (KTMs) came with barely any grease in these bearings which in turn means short service life and replacement parts. 

I was just wondering out of Beta or Vertigo, who’s bikes come best prepped from the factory?

As both are put together by humans its impossible to say, maybe the bike that is built first after a siesta? I would think its more likely to be what time of day as much as anything. Most dealers have a pdi which covers most of the items that need attention, if you get a good dealer that might be the greasiest?

2 hours ago, pindie said:

I was thinking which manufacturer has the best attention to detail when assembling steering head, swingarm and linkage bearings? 

When I’ve had new enduro bikes in the past I’ve always stripped and greased them from new as nearly all (KTMs) came with barely any grease in these bearings which in turn means short service life and replacement parts. 

I was just wondering out of Beta or Vertigo, who’s bikes come best prepped from the factory?

When TRS first appeared there was a video of the factory showing lots of grease being applied, for what that's worth. Accessing the areas you mention on a new and therefore clean bike in order to check, and to grease all the threads you can get at, should not take long, as you will know from previous experience. It's what I would do with any make.

I think Nigel is a bit optimistic; I doubt there is the profit margin on a trials bike for a dealer to be to be stripping it to check.

Cheers guys. All sounds fair. Buy. Check. Add if required.  Normal approach regardless of manufacturer. 

I’d happily pay £150 more to have a bike arrive with grease nipples all in one place like on certain machines. It’d make life bloody easier.