Starting technique for ‘19 Vertical Combat??

irishjohn

On 9/15/2021 at 6:41 PM, Tiewrap said:

Also the bike knocks/detonate when giving throttle on lower revs. It seems to run lean although it runs pretty good (best I've ridden so far)

Does anybody have an idea if there are affordable options to get the right software on it ? I am willing to travel to Belgium, France, Germany or maybe even Spain or Italy.

Haven't checked spark plug yet.

This sounds like it is running lean.

There is a pump and filter in the fuel tank and I believe early bikes can leak causing the engine to run lean.

Mine did it, not sure what the fix was as I took it in to be fixed though I read it's either the filter pipe connectors or the pipe itself.

The pipe clips aren't great as the one on the top of my tank started dribbling recently when the engine was running.

See this post for what the pump and filter looks like. 

There are a few posts regarding Vertigo fuel filter or Vertigo fueling problems that other owners have started.

Edited by Goudrons2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2021 at 7:41 PM, Tiewrap said:

I just bought a 2016 300 which seems to have the same problem as the topic starter.

The bike is converted to no-battery and the dealer thinks the software is not updated. The dealer is also not able to update the software.

It seems the bike starts with a little but throttle, but sometimes I have to kick a lot. When I turn the bike off when it's hot and want to start 5-10 minutes later it's the worst. (Seems flooded). I really like the bike but this just have to get better. 

Also the bike knocks/detonate when giving throttle on lower revs. It seems to run lean although it runs pretty good (best I've ridden so far)

Does anybody have an idea if there are affordable options to get the right software on it ? I am willing to travel to Belgium, France, Germany or maybe even Spain or Italy.

Haven't checked spark plug yet.

Who was the dealer that tried to update the software?  
I have a 2017 Ice Hell 300 and I was able to get a local dealer to make sure the latest software was installed and set up the carburation properly.  This made a vast difference to how the bike ran.

I don’t see why an official Vertigo dealer with the correct workshop software wouldn’t be able to update it, what did they say was the problem?

The two closest dealers for you would be https://nonstopmotoren.com/ which maybe you already tried?

Next would be in Belgium https://dcrdanycrosset.be/

As has been said, there was an issue with the fuel lines splitting inside the tank on the 2016 models and there not being sufficient fuel pressure for the engine to run correctly. It can be difficult to diagnose due to the fuel lines being inside the tank.

My bike was set up by a dealer in Catalunya, but that would be a long journey for you!

That filter won't help.

The fuel pump should put out between 3 and 3.5 bar when energised/engine running.

You can buy a cheap gauge for less than 20 euros and slice it between the outlet on the top of the tank and the pipe to the injector, that would diagnose a pump/filter/pipework issue within the tank.

Edited by Goudrons2

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like the fuel filter did help, but still not satisfied. 

After an hour or so the bike seems to run a bit leaner and when standing for 10 minutes does not start easy.

I was amazed of the quality pressure meter I got for 30 Euro's (incl. sending and tax). Thanks for the tip.

Pressure when starting exact the specified 0.7 bar (without spark plug) with engine running 2.7 all the time, no matter which rpm.

So think best guess is to replace fuel pump ? I asume it won't get better when running for longer time and tank more empty.

I don't think it's the pump that usually causes this issue, but the pickup pipes or clips/joints between them all.

I believe the pipes can rupture and those Clic R fuel hose clamps they use can leak, particularly if they've been off and refitted. So best replace with suitably sized jubilee clips or proper screw up fuel hose clamps.

Though I never had an issue with the throttle postiton sensor, that does crop up on some posts as causing similar problems. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a cheap fuel pump, so we'll see if it gives the right pressure (it seems to be pretty high for those pumps).

I was able to find something while searching for Husqvarna tc/te fuel pump 2008-2014 or something like that. Should be the same pump.

But, from a hint on Facebook looked into the ignition and probably found a leaking crank seal. So wil first look into that. The flywheel also have 2  splines, so 2 possible positions?

Also spoke someone with the same bike, then it became very clear mine is not good and running to lean.

• 1 month later...

Update :

The problem on running lean was quite simple after all. With adjusting the TPS, u can adjust the mixture. It's just like fiddling with jets 😅. I have not found a solution to set the TPS the way it should with software as reading the ECU seems impossible. The bike is now starting acceptable, but I still think it is not how it should be. It also is not complete free from knocking.

However I am done with the problems and will replace most fuel related parts....

Edited by Tiewrap