Hello there

Mdl dabbingsworth

My name's Mike, I'm new to trials. I bought my first bike 2 months ago and probably put 30 hours on it so far. Love the bike, looking forward to trials meets when the virus is under control. Unfortunately the bike I bought has a bearing that spun in the rear hub so I'm looking for one of those currently. Going to try some shim stock and sleeve retainer as a last ditch effort. Anyway nice to meet you all!

FB_IMG_1584495975738.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Mike

Welcome to trials! Well 30hr is some going in such a short time! practice the basics a lot. Lot n lots n lots - huge hours will pay off! find a bump or a slope and do figure8 in all different angles. 

Dependant on the gap between the bearing and the hub I would either use some loctite 620 bearing fit which can fill some impressive gaps, or a speedy sleeve.

Ralph

6 hours ago, nzralphy said:

Hi Mike

Welcome to trials! Well 30hr is some going in such a short time! practice the basics a lot. Lot n lots n lots - huge hours will pay off! find a bump or a slope and do figure8 in all different angles. 

Dependant on the gap between the bearing and the hub I would either use some loctite 620 bearing fit which can fill some impressive gaps, or a speedy sleeve.

Ralph

Thanks for the tips Ralph, definitely going to give the 620 locktite a go, I have some in my toolbox at work. I'm fortunate to have a couple acres of woods at my house with quite a few rocks so I can ride whenever there is time. Nice to meet you.

2 hours ago, rich500 said:

Welcome to trials Mike! Be careful because it's far more contagious than the virus!

Thanks Rich, I've been pretty obsessed with it since I attended a few meets as a spectator last summer. Being able to spend hours on a few small obstacles even just in the driveway makes it a super convenient and challenging way to get outside and ride without having to travel. Im 30 now, I wish I would have found this sport 10 years ago.

• Like 1

30 is nothing mate! You've got plenty of time and judging by the pic you're already making some great shapes on the bike.

I met a chap at a trial a few months ago that was about to ride his first trial at 71!!!! ?

• Like 1