Boots

huski

I just recently got a set and I think the size seems good, or at least it sized the same as the older AlpineStars trials boots.  They have a bit stiffer sole but my feet need that and I don't find it hiders my riding (I am kind of that lower intermediate level).  Over all they seem decent quality and I am hoping they will last as long as the older version I had. 

Edited by jonnyc21

My Tech T's are the most comfortable trials boots I've worn, that's going back to the '80s. They are the quickest boot to get wet feet in too, that's with melting Snow Seal into everything. Maybe I am just having bad luck, but I seem to loose the bottom buckle straps too easily when walking in brush.  I was fortunate when "Pauls 320" found the last missing strap on the next ride. Spares are available from the dealers.

On 3/19/2020 at 2:37 PM, hillary said:

Have just got myself a pair of the new Wulf hi line boots. Really comfortable - NOT waterproof but really good value for money when they are around £80 cheaper than other makes.

I find it staggering that people would sell or buy trials boots that are not waterproof. It’s like having a raincoat that’s not waterproof. Or a colander with no holes in it.

11 minutes ago, trapezeartist said:

I find it staggering that people would sell or buy trials boots that are not waterproof. It’s like having a raincoat that’s not waterproof. Or a colander with no holes in it.

Steel toe capped wellies were waterproof (apart from the copious amount over the huge top) but gave almost zero protection, on balance modern boots with goretex liners and or sealskins every time.

7 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

I am not, lots of great places to rid in the world where waterproof isn't the top thing to consider... Even when I was in Western Washington, US (a lot like riding in the UK for rain and mud) it didn't seem to help enough to have them waterproof anyway... 

Ya, its my 2 cents so not worth a lot but there you have it.