2013 TXT pro Gearbox bearings

shyted

I'm at work for another week yet and can't open GasGas UKs Manuals as the security protacols wont let the page come up.

I'm on nights as well.

So,has anyone got all the gearbox bearing and seal dimention numbers ( not the GasGas part numbers ) please so i can order them while i'm here ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Gas gas manuals and exploded diagrams are available via GasGas UK website ... they don’t list the type of bearing but do show the sizes of the bearing and seals...

you may find it easier to order from GasGas UK unless you wait until you can strip the gearbox to determine the type of bearings and seals 

hope the link below works ... 

https://gasgas.com/index.php?mact=CGExtensions,cntnt01,getfile,0&cntnt01_d=QTQ3M0VDRzloemNNR2dMYTZzaC9yWHpncS9XZVUzLy9lbVhFWHFGT1Q0NkNsbDMzejJGMG9tRmloTzJzUXhYWDVPRG82WGVobzRHbjdMT3NiWUN6aUhjNC8wdUoySXlacnM3MGw5RUtza0VaaDJNWEJtdUd0MzVTZEpDbnJjbDdpeGVwK0tHeXJYakFodXl3WlE3RVZ6NzcweDFiSkU2YnlEbm9TS1RxU2ZjPTo6naNjHHXyLmvefD6g7EKrKA%3D%3D&cntnt01returnid=1&showtemplate=false

Thanks for the reply thall1.

As i said the security protocols on the main server out here won't let you open attached files as on GasGas uks manuals.

I tried the link you put up but " computor says no ".

Ted

Maybe use the contact page of Gas Gas UK, or call or email Gas Gas UK, you can obviously do that as you have filled out the Trials Central Forum post and submitted it. They will be able to help and get the order going whilst you are away.

Support your trials businesses so they are still in business when this thing runs it course.

Edited by arnoux
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So,for the information of others , here's the gearbox bearing types and numbers you can buy anywhere with one exception.

All the bearings i've used are Koyo unless they are GasGas Parts.

The GasGas part number is from the manual and currently ( 16/05/20 ) available from Zona Trial in France as GasGas UK are still closed .

Do yourself a favour as well. Get access to a blind bearing puller,you might need it. The ID for that is 32mm when closed . You can get away with 30mm but you're pushing it.

I also used a hot plate to warm the cases. The crank bearings fell out at 120°C. See Jim Snells you tube channel for that.

2 x 6002 Z

2 x 3201 Z 

1 x 6005 2 Z

1 x MT 280236158

The last bearing might be a GasGas special as i can't get that anywhere other than from GasGas . I have noticed that some needle rollers are their own spec too as they have extra cut aways or pressings into the cages for better lubrication.

You have the crank bearings ,kick start shaft needle roller and the two needle rollers for the clutch on top of that lot ,but all are readily available from Trials UK and splat shop as of the date above . The number for the roller on the kick start shaft support is visible from the rear of the kick start  bearing boss on the rear of the crank case.

Like wise, all the seals are available from UK Trials or Splat Shop.

regards Ted

Ted, thanks for the information, and I'm happy to hear that you seem to have it sorted. But what prompted you to have to replace the bearings and in such numbers? Was the bike run without oil? Or poor oil? Or submerged in water and then ignored? Or it a simple case of wear and maintenance? And how does one tell if inner bearings need replacement? I have yet to open the cases of my two 2008 GGs. Or is it a case that all is fine until it isn't? :(

• 4 weeks later...

Right okay thanks for letting me know that.

Right,three problems.The previous owner power washed the living daylights out of this bike and the maintenance has been none existent.There hasn't been an ounce of grease any where .The oil was full of water and the vent plug hanging out . 

When i stripped the side case off there was evidence of corrosion on a couple of parts and two teeth missing of the bart . One thing then jst led to anoyher after i found chalk based clay in the inlet tract from the air filter.Pulled the barrel and it was scored and the piston had two deep gauges from top to bottom on the exhaust side.

The bore was oval at the bottom inlet side,but it ran fairly quiet.

So i split the motor to do the crank and it's pointless not doing the box bearings .The one at the breather had corrosion and output shaft noisy .

Clutch fibre plates were on their last legs so they're out too. The list goes on .