Practicing social distancing ...

turbofurball

What are you doing with your extra time at home?

I got most of the other more pressing matters around the house sorted, so today I could take a look at the Cota front brake :)

OsgUU1f.jpg

It's not perfect but much better, and works well enough to be safe for puttering around.  Just need to clean the main jet (again), tighten up some spokes, and it'll be ready for the end of the lockdown ... which has just been extended to mid-April.

• Like 5

I was hoping for 3-4 weeks home this time of year. I have lots of projects that need to get done. I have a daughter and a granddaughter that both lost jobs due to the virus last week. It looks like I will have to work through this whole issue.

I'm no sparky but the wiring to the man cave lighting looks very casual. Think a couple of clips might be of use. Good collection of precious treasures in there. Think we'll be on lockdown in uk this week so will be tidying the garage again this year. That's twice in 5 years now, think I'm suffering from OCD?

46 minutes ago, timdog said:

Despite black sabbaths wise words if the virus wipes out the elderly population that’s the end of our trials as they make up 80% of our observers.

And a (un)fair proportion of pre65 and twin shock riders !

• Sad 1

On 3/23/2020 at 10:01 AM, theluckyone said:

I'm no sparky but the wiring to the man cave lighting looks very casual. Think a couple of clips might be of use. Good collection of precious treasures in there. Think we'll be on lockdown in uk this week so will be tidying the garage again this year. That's twice in 5 years now, think I'm suffering from OCD?

You are both right and wrong, since it's not a man cave (but I can't think of a way to say a female equivalent without it sounding like a double entendre), but the wiring is indeed in need of more attention that you know, lol - when we moved in last year I took out a lot of cabling that had been on fire and some parts that had been under water from repeated flooding (this is what happens when you buy an abandoned house in Spain) so I just jerry rigged the essentials in a way that wouldn't kill anyone ... but in the cellar (through the door on the right of the photo) is a whole mess which isn't even fused.  I have everything needed to sort it properly, I'm just waiting for the last of the Spring cold snap to pass first :)

In other news, I'm also still working,
though on reduced hours and we might have work stoppages later depending on supplies as this whole thing goes on ... yesterday there was some news of contingency planning for if this goes on through till September, I think pretty soon the UK and US will be in the same boat

Local trials centre is closed but as I'm WfH I'm using my evening commute time to nip around the corner to a park'n'ride car park, which is virtually deserted and on the edge of town so no houses about.

As well making good use of the parking bay white lines, there's a grassy hollow just beyond where the tarmac ends that is proving useful too.

Basically, I'm riding more now that ever before! If this virus goes on much longer I might even learn to slow wheelie! ?

25 minutes ago, v1nn1e said:

Local trials centre is closed but as I'm WfH I'm using my evening commute time to nip around the corner to a park'n'ride car park, which is virtually deserted and on the edge of town so no houses about.

As well making good use of the parking bay white lines, there's a grassy hollow just beyond where the tarmac ends that is proving useful too.

Basically, I'm riding more now that ever before! If this virus goes on much longer I might even learn to slow wheelie! ?

That's a tricky one because although it's probably very low risk of injury or contamination, it is directly contrary to the instructions we've been given. I'm tempted to take my bike to an area by my house but I think will restrict to balance/hopping practice in the garden. 

You could argue that it could be daily exercise but the instruction is to stay at home unless absolutely necessary or to get some daily exercise... which I'm pretty sure is limited to walking, running & cycling.. 

oh eck crikey blimey. The trouble with getting old is you still see things as they were when you were younger. Slightly off topic here but I'm very encouraged by the levelling up of gender in trials these days which can only help with the superb example set by our multiworld champion EB (and yerself obviously). I think RevShed is a non gender specific term that may apply instead of mancave so sorry for my assumption.

I have been doing static balancing (bit boring) and cycling to maintain my two wheel addiction but I'm hoping someone smarter than me can come up with something else that's within the rules. Before I had a trials bike I used to set up sections in the garden and ride them on my push bike. Think I'll try that again for the first time in 46 years. Keep Smiling!

• Like 4