2020 vertical knocks at low revs

the dabster

Not long purchased my 2020 vertical 250 and noticed it does not like pull from very low revs as the engine seems to bog down and rattle like its got a lean ping. anything above that its clean as a whistle right up to full throttle.  Do I need to get access to a tuning box and enrich  the mixture of the bottom to eliminate this?

Another thing I have noticed is the tick over has gone up of late,, it now idles much higher than it did previously but I haven't changed anything.  Can I just turn the tickover down at the screw on the throttle body?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

3 hours ago, compactpete said:

Does it do it in both map switch positions.

Yeah I think it does.  It does it on the wet map and I believe the dry map is leaner so it is a definite problem. It may well be an idiosyncrasy of fuel injection so may need to get used to avoiding letting the engine get loaded to that extent, like what riding a 125 must be like if that makes sense.

10 hours ago, misscrabstick said:

If the idle went up have you considered you may have some extra air getting in somewhere? check all pipes, throttle body clips etc maybe.

I get the logic of what you say, I don't think its anything like that the bike is still fresh.

There is a tiny breather hole in the fuel tank cap, is this still clear? Did you have the bike from new and was it ok when new? The brass screw on the throttle body LHS is an air bleed screw, set at the factory anywhere from fully in to 1.5 turns out. Have a look to see how far out the screw is by turning fully clock wise. You can richen up the mixture by turning clockwise. Bye, Peter B.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 11:47 PM, peterb said:

There is a tiny breather hole in the fuel tank cap, is this still clear? Did you have the bike from new and was it ok when new? The brass screw on the throttle body LHS is an air bleed screw, set at the factory anywhere from fully in to 1.5 turns out. Have a look to see how far out the screw is by turning fully clock wise. You can richen up the mixture by turning clockwise. Bye, Peter B.

Thanks for the info Peter. To answer your questions, the fuel cap hole is clear and yes I bought the bike new about two months ago and yes it ran fine.  I have spoken to vertigo for advice on this and they informed me dirt in the throttle body can cause a rise to revs and that if I have access to a tuning box I can enrich the mixture as I see fit. They also said that the bike runs slightly lean as normal due to the nature of the FI as I understand it.  I intend to alter the mixture at some point in the future to see how effective that is.