Mont 247 Cota

Stu B

Cheers Cleanorbust.

Would you happen to know where I can get a workshop manual for it and parts. It's not in bad condition but will more than likely need a part or two.

Also I am told that modern day fuel burns through the fibreglass tank, is this fact or fiction ??. I have wanted a Mont since I was a kid way back in the early 70's.

I am also told that I will be able to get a electronic ignition is this right. So many questions sorry pal.   

If it is a UK bike with alloy tank I'd be surprised if it doesn't leak from somewhere or have been repaired....  :)  You can get ethanol free petrol in Brum, the high octane petrol from Esso and BP has none, Shell Vpower has none. The pumps might say E5 now as that is law as it means that the fuel can contain up to a max of 5% ethanol, the key there being 'up to' as that also means none.  If your tank is fibregalss and you want to line it then Caswell has a good reputation. I've used it on some tanks but it is tedious to do, especially the prep work, but the prep work is the most important.

Before you buy electronic, try running it on points, I have a '76 247 which is still on points, no performance gain with electronic in my opinion, just removes the pain of messing with points

• Like 1