SWM Jumbo Headstock "ID" plate.

fourex

Hi All,

As above, would like a pic or two if possible on how this plate should look with regard to things like size of the digits and is Engine 348.5cc or 348.5 cm\3, also is weight 89kg or 89KG,just stuff like that.

Reason I ask is that my Jumbo that I bought a few years ago is missing the plate on the headstock and I have recently purchased a blank plate from Martin in the UK, just want to populate this plate as accurately as possible when I eventually blast and repaint the frame (Suburu WRX Blue from years ago is close I believe). If you can help with a pic just tape over your frame/engine numbers if you don't want to divulge. Thanks.

Pic of my headstock with rivets only and blank plate that I want to stamp are attached.

003.jpg

005.jpg

• Like 1

Hi fourex. I can take some photos of one tomorrow out in Upper Brookfield. I`ll put my phone number up here so you can send me a text with your number so I can send you the photos easily. Mine is 0403180925. That way I won`t have to load any more photoss onto my computer. Cheers Graham.

1 hour ago, bullylover said:

Hi fourex. I can take some photos of one tomorrow out in Upper Brookfield. I`ll put my phone number up here so you can send me a text with your number so I can send you the photos easily. Mine is 0403180925. That way I won`t have to load any more photoss onto my computer. Cheers Graham.

Thanks Graham, TXT sent to mobile. Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fourex said:

Hi All,

As above, would like a pic or two if possible on how this plate should look with regard to things like size of the digits and is Engine 348.5cc or 348.5 cm\3, also is weight 89kg or 89KG,just stuff like that.

Reason I ask is that my Jumbo that I bought a few years ago is missing the plate on the headstock and I have recently purchased a blank plate from Martin in the UK, just want to populate this plate as accurately as possible when I eventually blast and repaint the frame (Suburu WRX Blue from years ago is close I believe). If you can help with a pic just tape over your frame/engine numbers if you don't want to divulge. Thanks.

Pic of my headstock with rivets only and blank plate that I want to stamp are attached.

003.jpg

005.jpg

Dickhead me, clearly the plate already stipulates cm3 and Kg. Type is TL 350 or 350 TL maybe with a hyphen ?  Grahams pics will help, cheers.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 9:34 AM, fourex said:

Thanks Graham, got the pics, they're fine.  "Jumbo" doesn't just refer to the powerful motor, it's more likely a reference to the 98 kg.

Something fishy here. When USDB magazine did a comparison of all the available trials bikes at some point, they said the SWM was the lightest full-sized trials bike. Maybe it was the TL230 they had and the Jumbo is lots heavier?

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, feetupfun said:

Hmmmm porky according to the specs. I reckon this calls for an official weigh-off of TL320 vs Jumbo

Can't help with that one, got too many bits removed from mine at the moment but real world results would be interesting to see.

Seems the Jumbo was a low slung "heifer", but I seem to remember Schreiber and Michaud winning a World round each on one, must have been the power that helped them 'Launch' over the obstacles.

Glad SWM chose 'Jumbo' over 'Cow', kudos to their advertising department.

• Like 2