lifepo conversion for 20R

dakh

I'm not willing to risk with LiPo and don't really want to geek out on stuff or have some super fancy setup.  Any problem with just buying 3 of these and running in a 3s setup and then either charging as 3s or having a separate connector to charge them individually?  I might go for 20AH version too, spendy but I like the idea of having tons of range.  

https://www.amazon.com/ExpertPower-Lithium-Rechargeable-2500-7000-lifetime/dp/B07X3Y3LS5?th=1

They look like they got a good BMS in them so I'm thinking if I charge them as-is (3s) with enough voltage they'll be fine, no?

Edited by dakh

I brought a 1300w 18,000 ah lipo for my 20r it worked but the c rating on the bms wasn't high enough so it cut out on full throttle pulls, it would run if you didn't just snap the throttle back when you go to splat something, i think the lifepos will do the same, probably best and but the boost pack from boost batteries as thay have done the research on it all. 

On 4/11/2020 at 6:38 AM, Creepytheclutchmaster said:

I brought a 1300w 18,000 ah lipo for my 20r it worked but the c rating on the bms wasn't high enough so it cut out on full throttle pulls, it would run if you didn't just snap the throttle back when you go to splat something, i think the lifepos will do the same, probably best and but the boost pack from boost batteries as thay have done the research on it all. 

Ah got it, so I need to be careful what the peak current BMS is going to support.  Not sure what that number would be.  On the 20A version of the one I linked to it says "Max. Permanent Discharge Current: 80A 10Sec".  

2 hours ago, gilles said:

Hmm.. I can't order this from US (EU only).  It does use cylindrical cells (which is a lot less scary than pouch cells) but they don't say where those come from, which means we're back to "only charge and store in the fireplace" type deal.  Useful bits of data on the peak and steady amperage though, 50A and 150A.  So the batteries I was considering might be not enough.

I think that would be fine but the actual boost battery made for the bike is pretty much the same price and comes in a strong casing, plus boost battery's are an uk company,so any problems will be solved alot easier than dealing with someone abroad. Check alexpress i brought the Panasonic lipo off there it was very cheap and pretty good quality.