249 Section '95

wildethyme

DON`T WASTE YOUR MONEY, THEY DO NOT MAKE THEM ANY MORE AND ARE HARDER THAN MORE MODERN BIKES FOR BUYING PARTS. I HAD A 1996 MODEL A FEW YEARS AGO AND IT WAS EASY TO SNAP OFF THE REAR FENDER. IT ALSO HAD A KICK START THAT YOU KICKED FORWORD INSTED OF BACK.

HOPE THIS HELPS

GLYN

The 95 section was a good bike in its time and used a steel frame unlike the alloy 96 and 97 models. The alloy frames cracked at the shock mount and the steel frames on the top tubes, under the tank,where the angle down to the pegs. Check it has been well repaired. If it is not welded then the bike has not had a bod life!

Spares are available in UK 8Bill Pye) and europe but remeber fantic went bust and out of business. The parts are getting rarer and more expensibe. If you have trouble, send me a mail and I can help.

The engine, if good is a sweet unit. It has two flywheek weights which can be removed. I would leave them on! The kickstart shafts do tend to snap and the engine has to be split if this happens.

Dont let this put you off, ! like my sections alot, and i thinke the 95 was the best model.

HTH

lee

• 17 years later...
On 1/27/2006 at 7:58 PM, lee harris said:

The 95 section was a good bike in its time and used a steel frame unlike the alloy 96 and 97 models. The alloy frames cracked at the shock mount and the steel frames on the top tubes, under the tank,where the angle down to the pegs. Check it has been well repaired. If it is not welded then the bike has not had a bod life!

Spares are available in UK 8Bill Pye) and europe but remeber fantic went bust and out of business. The parts are getting rarer and more expensibe. If you have trouble, send me a mail and I can help.

The engine, if good is a sweet unit. It has two flywheek weights which can be removed. I would leave them on! The kickstart shafts do tend to snap and the engine has to be split if this happens.

Dont let this put you off, ! like my sections alot, and i thinke the 95 was the best model.

HTH

lee

Hi i did try to find your email i am in desperate need of a slave cylinder for the clutch for a fantic section 250 1995 do you have any idea where i can get one ive tried everything i can think of

1 hour ago, Hywel said:

Hi i did try to find your email i am in desperate need of a slave cylinder for the clutch for a fantic section 250 1995 do you have any idea where i can get one ive tried everything i can think of

That's a really old thread you are posting to, I would highly recommend you start a new thread and post a photo of the parts you need, and maybe what part of the world you need them in 😎

• Like 1