20.0 vs 24R battery form factor

bikepilot

Hi all, I just picked up a used 2015 20.0 for my son to ride while we wait for the 20" TRS to show up stateside (indefinite covid delays).  I'm planning to do a custom lithium ion pack for it as we did for his smaller, Oset.  Thinking ahead, it's likely that we'll sell this 20.0 once the TRS shows up, and there's a good chance I will snag a 24" for myself to putter around the yard.  So given this, it'd be awesome if I could build his 20.0 pack such that it would also work in a 24R in the future.  Trouble is, I've never seen a 24R up close and do not know what the battery space is shaped like.  If anyone could post pictures and measurements of a 24R battery pack that would be awesome!

I'm planning on building the pack as a 14s5P with Samsung 40T cells.  Should be 20ah, 59v at max charge, and around 12lbs, with the ability to peak at 150amps and run continuously at 60 amps (BMS limited, the cells could push more).   Any thoughts on that configuration? 

Thanks!

Some dimensions here:

https://www.boost-bikes.co.uk/collections/oset-battery-packs

I have the 24 and it is just a cube with a velcro strap. For backyard riding the stock battery has too much capacity for me. It can last me three trials sessions. Fast trail riding will drain it quickly but slow technical riding uses little juice with my preferred setting of 3/4 speed on the top dial.It might be fun to make a battery pack that is half the weight and last just one session.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sectionone said:

Some dimensions here:

https://www.boost-bikes.co.uk/collections/oset-battery-packs

I have the 24 and it is just a cube with a velcro strap. For backyard riding the stock battery has too much capacity for me. It can last me three trials sessions. Fast trail riding will drain it quickly but slow technical riding uses little juice with my preferred setting of 3/4 speed on the top dial.It might be fun to make a battery pack that is half the weight and last just one session.

Any idea what the stock pack configuration is?  Cell type and count?  The tricky part of doing small lithium ions is it get tricky to deliver the amps with out stressing the battery too much.  A good lipo will have no problems, even with very small, light packs.  Samsung T40s with 3p would be 12ah and still have enough amps I think.