tiger cub

freelander andy

my old tiger cub snatching in 3rd gear rest all find so stripped gearbox down found the inner layshaft bush worn so I ordered one I would need ream new bush any body know size of reamer need cant used adjustable as doing in insult  I am getting blind bush puller from ebay to old one out

Is it a blind bush you are replacing?

If it is, you may find a reamer will leave a small taper near the end. 

I usually skim mine very carefully in my lathe using a boring tool. 

But that advice is only useful if you happen to have access to a lathe I guess! ??

The lay shaft bush looks like a blind hole but has a core plug on the end I have fitted some with no problems If it does need reamered  out the plug can be knocked out and replaced You might not see it easily it sits behind the sprocket and chain

Edited by naichuff

5 hours ago, naichuff said:

The lay shaft bush looks like a blind hole but has a core plug on the end I have fitted some with no problems If it does need reamered  out the plug can be knocked out and replaced You might not see it easily it sits behind the sprocket and chain

I found strait reamer wait till come I did not want knock the core plug out .is like car dish shape core plug if bang centre it expands I have set of cases with it missing  may be its the only way i going to it I found the 29th trial 4th sleeve gear I am building another engine some bits had been done got the small drain hole side case welded and  drain pug put in upb has a new side case with clutch arm in now think it was 250 270 like that 

On 4/22/2020 at 2:00 PM, naichuff said:

my problem is I have no access plate I can see yes knock plug out I could cut the old bush and fold old bush put new one in and try shaft see fits if not ream with adjustable reamer use prybar get plug back in I have a new access plate can that be done with my gearbox in bits with a mill or a home made way using sleeve gear as centre mount with cutter

On 4/22/2020 at 11:40 AM, brucey said:

Is it a blind bush you are replacing?

If it is, you may find a reamer will leave a small taper near the end. 

I usually skim mine very carefully in my lathe using a boring tool. 

But that advice is only useful if you happen to have access to a lathe I guess! ??

no access plate I have removed engine the engine is tired it was a barn find cub rusty I clean it up drain oil full sludge fitted world electronic ignition away she went and smoked   done road trial but I have a recon engine doing had crank done oil pump conversion I have top hat bush for shaft od seem bigger inside needs reaming I can give outer cover to somebody can that 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 2:00 PM, naichuff said:

tiger cub gearbox mainshaft  how much side play should I need I have ordered a 4tho over size shim I know need a small amount side play . I cut my access plate out