Ty 250 swing arm sleeve

JudsonK

I was wondering where I could find a replacement swing arm sleeve for a 1974 ty 250

Part #  434-22124-01-00 

will the sleeve from a DT work as an alternative?

thanks 

Edited by JudsonK

The part John Cane sells for the TY250 is actually a DT swingarm protector and as he says on his web page, you will need to trim it to make it fit the TY250 swingarm. I just trimmed one for a TY250 swingarm a few weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2020 at 7:05 AM, feetupfun said:

The part John Cane sells for the TY250 is actually a DT swingarm protector and as he says on his web page, you will need to trim it to make it fit the TY250 swingarm. I just trimmed one for a TY250 swingarm a few weeks ago.

So I got my hands on a DT 250 swing arm sleeve and the length seems to be ok but the diameter it to large for the swing arm and bolt? I have the wrong part?  

3 hours ago, JudsonK said:

So I got my hands on a DT 250 swing arm sleeve and the length seems to be ok but the diameter it to large for the swing arm and bolt? I have the wrong part?  

Wrong DT by the looks.

I bought mine from John Cane. I just now looked up the Yamaha part number shown on the packet on John's page and did a cross-reference using that part number and it says it is made for DT100A, DT100B and TY175. 437-22151 00