Honda TLR 200 Wiring - What can be removed?

dannufc

Hi All,

Got a full TLR restoration on the go. Previous owner had removed lights etc from the bike but left some connections in.

Anyone got any pointers of what can be removed/left in. I know the green and black are for the ignition as passed through the kill switch. I’m not sure what the other wires are for, can anyone help?

Pictures below. Will post more of the project if anyone is interested!

Cheers,

Dan

083DC7E1-7787-4840-8433-6AAECB081833.jpeg

2815F9A1-C9ED-474F-BDA8-D8CC48664352.jpeg

5D8EDD0F-D80B-445A-BCAC-C7AAB1443FB1.jpeg

7B3398C0-4F1D-46B5-BB26-7BA7EFD4F121.jpeg

Hi Dan, if you are going to trial the bike, it’s very simple, you only need the following

black with red band from alternator to the cdi unit

The two wires from the pick up to the cdi unit, green and a blue/yellow from memory
Black and green wire from cdi to ignition coil

Black/white and green from cdi to stop switch

if you are re powder coating frame I found it better to earth the cdi unit to the engine rather than the frame as the grounding is only for the engine, the green wire from cdi, doing this avoids any bad ground due to the powder coating

the white red is the neutral switch again not needed if you trialing the bike

colin at Tyoffroad has an updated cdi unit which works very well, this is a link to his site for these, don’t be alarmed at the price when they are back in stock they are not this price, he does get them in stock quite regular, they also come with very easy to follow instructions, by the way I have no link to Colin’s business just used his products in the past and found them very good

https://www.tyoffroad.co.uk/store/p283/CDI_UNIT_FOR_HONDA_TLR200_TLR250_RTL250_(REF.H079).html

hope this sort of helps

Gary

Edited by Gaz22