Sherpa 199B Clutch Push Rod

model80

• 3 years later...

On 5/19/2020 at 8:04 PM, bullylover said:

There is a ball bearing in between the pushrod and the mushroom shaft on the clutch end. It is around the same size as the pushrod. Any pushbike shop should have one but you may have to buy a few to make it worth their while. Graham.

How do i know if there is ball bearing in their or not? When i remove the rod, there is no bearing on the end of the road? But how do i know its not in the cavity just sitting there?

2 hours ago, TomL said:

How do i know if there is ball bearing in their or not? When i remove the rod, there is no bearing on the end of the road? But how do i know its not in the cavity just sitting there?

Lean the bike over and if there's a ball it will probably slide out.

If it doesn't come out using gravity, take the clutch pressure plate off, remove the mushroom and push the ball out from either end.

Edited by feetupfun
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TomL said:

First the rod will be too short by the diameter of the ballbearing that was suppose to be in there and second; the ballbearing is in there to isolate the spinning parts from the non-spinning part (the actuator rod) so if you left the bearing out, first hint would be not enough adjustment and if you worked past that issue, the next problem will be the rod will want to spin when pressure is applied to the actuator.

If the ball bearing doesn't fall out using gravity try a magnet.