Alloy Tank options

delberto

Just finished rebuild of M49 Sherpa and the fibreglass tank is going to have to be lined to use, has anybody got any suggestions for an alloy option? There is one on auction at the moment but just looking for alternatives.

cheers

I'm not aware there was / is an alloy tank for the M49 but Holtworks make an alloy tank for a Pursang which looks the same apart from not having the small flares at the back which line with the seat unit and a seperate breather as they use the cap. It also has twin fuel taps but just blank one off

• Like 1

12 hours ago, woody said:

I'm not aware there was / is an alloy tank for the M49 but Holtworks make an alloy tank for a Pursang which looks the same apart from not having the small flares at the back which line with the seat unit and a seperate breather as they use the cap. It also has twin fuel taps but just blank one off

i dont think there was either, the bike came with a pursang tank that looks similar but no flares! I looked at the holtworks tank but at nearly £500 wow

19 minutes ago, feetupfun said:

I've seen an M49 with a red Clarke plastic tank and it looked pretty good

Thats the thing, it has to look reasonable! i have seen some older alloy pre 65 tanks that might not look quite right, but its not a beauty contest i suppose. 

apart from colour and no front mount but at £49 there maybe are cheaper options

fac0c8e00cdbc109d708747ae4439d0b22eb754a

Edited by delberto

found it

Picture

bargain at £280 

i phoned Terry Weedy who makes these and unfortunately the last one has just been sold! and he probably wont be able to make anymore. He did say if i found a beat up tank he would refurb it, so its back to the drawing board!

Edited by delberto
new info
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 9:38 AM, delberto said:

found it

Picture

bargain at £280 

i phoned Terry Weedy who makes these and unfortunately the last one has just been sold! and he probably wont be able to make anymore. He did say if i found a beat up tank he would refurb it, so its back to the drawing board!

Yeh these seem a bargain but try getting your hands on one ? i had a very long round trip to get one last year and was left very disapointed