What model is my Sherpa T

rileys

Hi all

new to the forum just bought a bulltaco Sherpa T 350. But not really sure the frame number is B- 8002881

engine number is M- 8002922 Hoping someone could help identify what model I have 

Greg 

Hi Greg -

Congratulations on your new bike!  You're gonna love it - regardless of its displacement!  My first Bul (which I bought in the early 1990s when my vintage madness began) was a m80 250 which I later sold to a buddy who was also interested in giving vintage trials a try.  I moved over to an Ossa MAR (a rescue from another friend's garage) which I did enjoy but not as much as my former Bul.  So I then went back to a Bul (199a) which I do like and regularly enjoy but, for the sections I typically encounter, a 250 is more than capable and the m80 is truly a sweet ride - a good performer and aesthetically gorgeous, in my opinion.  I missed my first Sherpa T so much that I picked up another m80 a year ago and am hoping to have her up and running in the next few months.

So no regrets with your purchase!  She's a beauty when all dolled up (well... polished and painted, that is) and will give you all the performance you need.  And you couldn't have come across a better resource than trialscentral to help you get the most out of your new ride.  A lot of very knowledgeable and clever folks here with some extremely insightful tips and tricks to offer as well as the encouragement and inspiration to get your project proudly rolling.

Please post some pics whenever time permits and let us know how she's progressing.  Looking forward to seeing her soon!

Cheers -

Christian

Edited by vintagenut
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 4:08 PM, vintagenut said:

Hi Greg -

Congratulations on your new bike!  You're gonna love it - regardless of its displacement!  My first Bul (which I bought in the early 1990s when my vintage madness began) was a m80 250 which I later sold to a buddy who was also interested in giving vintage trials a try.  I moved over to an Ossa MAR (a rescue from another friend's garage) which I did enjoy but not as much as my former Bul.  So I then went back to a Bul (199a) which I do like and regularly enjoy but, for the sections I typically encounter, a 250 is more than capable and the m80 is truly a sweet ride - a good performer and aesthetically gorgeous, in my opinion.  I missed my first Sherpa T so much that I picked up another m80 a year ago and am hoping to have her up and running in the next few months.

So no regrets with your purchase!  She's a beauty when all dolled up (well... polished and painted, that is) and will give you all the performance you need.  And you couldn't have come across a better resource than trialscentral to help you get the most out of your new ride.  A lot of very knowledgeable and clever folks here with some extremely insightful tips and tricks to offer as well as the encouragement and inspiration to get your project proudly rolling.

Please post some pics whenever time permits and let us know how she's progressing.  Looking forward to seeing her soon!

Cheers -

Christian

Christian

thank you for the kind words. This my 3rd bulltaco my kids say there is 

something up with my head. They don’t get it I just love the bikes my new one the 80

i have managed to refit my home office to get her in. It’s just pure art.

my others are waiting till I get round to doing them up. I’m not experienced or very confident 

so there will be a lot of asking for help on this forum.

Greg.

CB9D4B21-5579-486E-85F0-68061DC9D09A.jpeg

F8B97ACF-9519-401E-8FA3-0DD5DB7A626D.jpeg

AA5D9245-CBB9-4C55-BB4B-09F564DB83B9.jpeg

605D0220-F7A1-4D72-8372-18B9FDAFE1FB.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Greg -

Thanks for posting photos of your Buls!  Your m80 looks beautiful... especially parked in its new spot in your office!  My wife would select a similar space in my home as my new sleeping quarters if I ever mentioned a desire to move one of my bikes into the house!  (Which, on some days, might be worth the sacrifice!)  Are the other two 250s or 350s?  M183 or 191?

Your m80 looks like it's nicely set up for you.  I see the footpegs have been repositioned further back and down a bit... along with a shortened brake lever to accommodate - definitely a good mod.  Did the same with my 199a and like the effect. Also see an extra spark plug.  Wonder if it was setup for a compression release by a previous owner?  How are the shocks?  Original Betors?  I'm having a friend look into the possibly rebuilding the OEM set that came with my present m80.  Have to first make a wrench to open them up and, if possible, I may even add a small double-lip seal atop the threaded cap to help keep dirt and debris from reaching the inner seal - We'll see!  Trying to keep my m80 looking as original as possible and, if I do take her out for some events, will likely run with a different wheelset, aftermarket shocks (Rock Shocks), plastic fenders and lighting components removed to prevent the OEM parts from becoming damaged (cuz sometimes things just happen).  

Question... How is the chain set up on your m80?  Looks a little tight... but I might be wrong.  I run mine a bit on the loose side... an irrational fear of causing excessive tension on the drive gear and shaft but also likely as much to do with laziness/forgetfulness on my part!

Looking forward to hearing how she performs for you once you get to riding her.  Hope to hear soon!

Cheers!
C.