Fuel filter

Teddydanson

Just a quick question? I have a 99 txt obviously not riding as in lockdown, but giving it a few once overs, start up balance ect in the back garden. Question is, is it recommended to run an inline fuel filter? Just a thought that popped into my head. I was sandifords the other month, and seen them on the counter. I know people who have run filters before on mx bikes and it’s strangled the fuel so they’ve took it off. 

Just seeing what people recommend, and hope everybody is sticking to the rules. Hard as it is, but be worth it when we’re back out. ??

Your bike should have a dellorto with a relatively fine mesh built in on the inlet. Keihins don't have anything, so it is always recommended to fit an inline filter for them. I have fitted filters for both carbs and never noticed any starvation issues. Most tank tap built in filters are rather coarse. It depends how throughother you are while filling your tank especially at trials when theres mud around your filler cap.

Edited by faussy