Flywheel weight removal.

Jimyacky

Happy lock down people. I’m after a bit of advice. Seen as though we’re not allowed out I thought I’d take my fly wheel weight off. I’ve never seen one like it. (See pic ) just wonder long how to remove it without breaking anything! Do I just take it off by the large but counterclockwise? I was expecting two Allen bolts to be undone. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you ? 

287D303F-94AC-40D3-818C-F74C6282B712.jpeg

29 minutes ago, huski said:

Can only be that big hex nut holding it on,and probably tight fit on the original flywheel 

That’s what I thought. Thanks for your reply. I assume it will be counterclockwise to loosen, do you know? Ta. 

6 hours ago, huski said:

The weight must be screwing into the flywheel extractor thread which is conventional R/H thread

Thanks husky, does that mean it should be usual right -right - left - loose ? The instructions above look led like a reverse thread and it’s hellish tight. Don’t want to strip anything. Ta 

I'm thinking I might be wrong on that,been some time since I removed one.Id call Gas Gas UK to be sure.Logically it would be LH thread where the extractor goes in so that it tightens into the flywheel as you tighten the extractor bolt

• Thanks 1

Just had another look.The instructions clearly say the nut is R/H thread,so anti-clockwise loosens it.But the weight is still screwed into the flywheel which you would remove clockwise.Youd have to stop the crank turning and have a tool to locate in the holes in the weight to turn it,good luck 

• Thanks 1

Sorted. Thanks everyone. 32mm spanner turned anti-clockwise  with rope threaded into head via spark plug hole. (Usual oil filter grip wouldn’t hold it) to prevent movement of flywheel. Steady release. It’s like a new bike, much more responsive, I’ve been riding a donkey. Much appreciated.