Trials and Social Distancing

johnnyboxer

8 hours ago, ChrisCH said:

Looks like the new rules this morning will put paid to the trials meetings for the foreseeable.

Some organisers going to have to refund sharpish.

Why?

It's a sporting event, outdoors with an ACU permit

Sporting events are exempt from the 6 or less, are permitted

15 hours ago, johnnyboxer said:

Why?

It's a sporting event, outdoors with an ACU permit

Sporting events are exempt from the 6 or less, are permitted

I hope you are correct but the wording (as I understand it) is team sports and we are not a team sport.

Nothing on the ACU site this morning and still accepting entries for trials.  I guess we will see.  (I think we are a very low risk and the current measures are working OK and are sensible so fingers crossed)

This from an ACU Facebook post.... 

ACU Ltd Chairman, Roy Humphrey commented, “While social gatherings of more than six people will be banned in England from 14 September, the UK government advice has confirmed that organised sports and activities can continue. Our motorcycle events are organised and provided Organisers follow the guidance issued through our individual Risk Assessments, then the venues are Covid-19 secure, but, initial Local Authority approval will still be required prior to any planned event as there may be increased local measures in place that differ from national guidelines”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nhuskys said:

This from an ACU Facebook post.... 

ACU Ltd Chairman, Roy Humphrey commented, “While social gatherings of more than six people will be banned in England from 14 September, the UK government advice has confirmed that organised sports and activities can continue. Our motorcycle events are organised and provided Organisers follow the guidance issued through our individual Risk Assessments, then the venues are Covid-19 secure, but, initial Local Authority approval will still be required prior to any planned event as there may be increased local measures in place that differ from national guidelines”

Good news!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...