wanted for Sherpa M49

delberto

Hi all

I know its a longshot but does anybody have the side panel/airbox cover assembly for model 49 they no longer require and wish to sell, battered doesnt matter as i can repair or make up in fibreglass if reqd. In motion sell them but out of stock at the moment. There is one on ebay with a fuel tank but at £185. 

Thanks derek

Hello Derek -

I do have one I could cheaply part with. Finish-wise she's seen better days... but structurally it's in good condition following a small repair beneath where a crack had formed from contact with the upper frame tubes (you can see the cracked area atop the airbox area).  It's been neatly performed (I'm kinda particular that way) and would be a good candidate for either restoration or a quick rattle-can-and-go approach.  I do have the heat shield for this as well but it will need a re-chrome, as you might imagine looking at the handlebars on this bike.

As I'm in the US, I don't know offhand what the shipping might be but can certainly look into it for you if you're interested.  Send me a PM whenever time permits.

Cheers -

Christian

00404_1lVDZyD3UX_1200x900.thumb.jpg.fef9725df6003c80a189d626f0772ec9.jpg

I'm in Australia and have a spare I would sell but freight to the UK would be expensive. It is the type shown in Vintagenut's photo but not as nice as that one.

Beware, there are two types. The early M49s saddle/bridge/sidecovers didn't have the scallop for clearance of the top shock mount (because the shock mount location was further back)

7 hours ago, feetupfun said:

I'm in Australia and have a spare I would sell but freight to the UK would be expensive. It is the type shown in Vintagenut's photo but not as nice as that one.

Beware, there are two types. The early M49s saddle/bridge/sidecovers didn't have the scallop for clearance of the top shock mount (because the shock mount location was further back)

Thanks for the reply mines the early version but going to get that one and make do! its not for a show pony. 

cheers 

derek

• Like 1