LOSS OF CLUTCH OIL ?

austin6728

Just done an oil change on the nephews 2015 Beta Evo 125 it's been 5 months since it was last done by myself  (long over due) i put 500ml in then but when drained the old oil out there was only 100+ ml in there so where has it gone?? there has been no signs of it leaking anywhere. His bike does smoke a bit from the exhaust unlike the other betas we have of same age and i have cleaned out and repacked the exhaust which helped.

Is there anyway there could be an internal leak and the oil is getting into the cylinder and burning off  ????( I'm Doubtful but thought I'd ask the question )

Cheers

2 hours ago, austin6728 said:

Just done an oil change on the nephews 2015 Beta Evo 125 it's been 5 months since it was last done by myself  (long over due) i put 500ml in then but when drained the old oil out there was only 100+ ml in there so where has it gone?? there has been no signs of it leaking anywhere. His bike does smoke a bit from the exhaust unlike the other betas we have of same age and i have cleaned out and repacked the exhaust which helped.

Is there anyway there could be an internal leak and the oil is getting into the cylinder and burning off  ????( I'm Doubtful but thought I'd ask the question )

Cheers

Yes. If you're losing gearbox oil and there is no external sign then it's most likely a leaky crank seal and is being burned off. The exhaust would be pretty smokey and would smell a bit nasty.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1