Sherco trials 250 factory front brake 2019

trialsriderfeetup

I have a sherco factory 2019   250 .my front brake is always cr.....p.    how do I get it ready  keen.tried  all the bleeding, tapping  the cable to get bubbles  out.gaffer pads in.it just feels like I alway have to squeeze really hard,and with one finger. Though of the short leavers, haven't  done  that yet to get more leverage . Sanding the disc up a bit with sand paper.rough  the pad up a bit. Disc look ok not polished  up..  any ideas. ....  chris

On 5/22/2020 at 12:13 AM, trialsriderfeetup said:

I have a sherco factory 2019   250 .my front brake is always cr.....p.    how do I get it ready  keen.tried  all the bleeding, tapping  the cable to get bubbles  out.gaffer pads in.it just feels like I alway have to squeeze really hard,and with one finger. Though of the short leavers, haven't  done  that yet to get more leverage . Sanding the disc up a bit with sand paper.rough  the pad up a bit. Disc look ok not polished  up..  any ideas. ....  chris

Shorter levers will give you less leverage depending on where you pull, the further from the pivot point the finger the more leverage you get but the lever will move further at the point of finger contact.

Sherco had (or still have not sure) different levers from others with same model master cylinder.
The pivot point in sherco give more leverage than others. So the lever should be specific for sherco's

The short leaver thing that is so I don't  have long leavers on when I don't need them,I would adjust the leaver so my finger was at the end of the short leaver.so more leverage as the pivert point is a lot ferther  away ,when I use a standard  leaver my finger is right on the bend not far past the pivert point .have tyred some one's  bike with the short leavers on and pulling from the end of the leaver,it is a lot easier more leverage. Plus shorter leaver don't brake as easy. The idia of getting the pads really hot and dowsing with cold water rings a bell with me,think people  have done that before could work.never tyred it ,but will next time I'm out having  a practice , it's possible my pads are contaminated with wd40 as I spray with wd40 after washing to repell  all water stops things rusting up.done it for years.thank you for all comments keep them coming any fresh ideas welcome. Chris.

Think the problem is WD 40 on the disc and pads.Fit new pads and  clean the disc thoroughly with brake cleaner,the old pads will never be any good.The brakes on this bike should be very good after you do this

Ok will change the pads.I have a new set .the pads in are the one's  in from new as I don't  ride as often  as I us to. Age sindrom. In fact I never change them, usually  get a new bike, anyway new pads it is.  Might just try the water thing first.do we think  this won't  work?. Is carb cleaner as good as brake  cleaner or is it the same stuff. Keep em coming.