Mont needs a doctor

NickMacro

Can anyone tell me what piston this is?i was told it would be printed with the letter a,b,or,c on it.Really struggling to get the piston kit I need.And she’s smoking badly also spitting oil out of exhaust.....Help...

9BF01A31-08AE-4C3E-8F14-8C46A56902E4.jpeg

3E6DC8BC-9EA3-4177-978E-FC5617FFE476.jpeg

8C38A601-A213-4D04-8982-D2027D055763.jpeg

Might be stamped on the barrel - above the gearbox sprocket  - seem to ring a bell.

Does the bore look worn  - damaged  - might just need rings .

If its just smoking and blowing out oil are you just putting too much into the fuel - is it sounding rough or down on power.

If oil mix is ok check crank seals to make sure its not drawing oil in from there

• Like 2

Oil coming out of the exhaust has nothing to do with rings or the piston on a two stroke. Jimmy is correct its either too much oil in the petrol or the crank seals are gone.

If its constantly running at very low rpm it may just need to go for a blast down the road.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NickMacro said:

The piston was full of black sludge when I took the barrel off.I was hoping for a quick fix?

You may well get one not involving a new piston. Apart from smoking badly and oil coming out of the exhaust are there other symptoms ? When a new piston is required the engine will rattle at tick over. If it's not doing that then it doesn't need a piston. 

Things to check 

Is the float set correctly in the carb

Has it got the right jets in the carb

Is it using gear box oil

How much 2t oil are you mixing with the petrol ?

Edited by baldilocks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just gave it a wipe inside the barrel.i was just cheaking the piston size and top see if that was the problem.i cleaned it.Started it and still smoking and spitting black oil out of exhaust.Ive was trying to see what piston I needed?Still don’t know ?

Was it running like that when you bought it? Or has the problem developed since, if since have you mixed too much 2/ oil? Maybe if you ride it for a bit it'll clear if the exhaust is soaked in oil? If the bike sounds ok I'd run it around a bit, maybe build up throttle to see if it clears.