2008 Rev 3 Mods

Is this bike new to you? Seeing that you are an advanced member please read on in the spirit of my post being helpful and not critical. Are you looking down at the front wheel or as you should be looking where you want to go. If you focus on a point you will steer towards it, but looking where you are going will get you there. You might be applying the front brake which may indicate you approaching the tight turn too fast, this can be a reflex action. Gentle use of the rear brake can put a bit of weight onto the front tyre to make it grip more. If you are clutching around tight turns loading and unloading the drive is not going to help you make the turn, this could be down to an unreliable steady idle and/or snatchy throttle action. Try tight turning without using the clutch. It could be that your bikes clutch is a bit snatchy and this will unsettle the front end. Other things to bear in mind are: 

Handlebars not set correctly, too far back.
Riders weight too far back.

Riding kit too restrictive.

Head bearings notchy....too tight or slack.

Rider not positioned to balance bike.

Tyre pressures not set to conditions.

Beta’s can be a bit difficult for some to get on with, like everything. Maybe try a friends bike to see if there is a marked difference.

You asked for any ideas, I hope you master the problem?

Edited by section swept
Added info
  • Thanks 1

I find that whenever this happens to me it is because I have let my weight shift back, away from the bars. Also I've been told to steer more with the footpegs - leaning the bike over into the turn. Usually when I remember to correct this on the second lap, it solves it, but on loose stuff it's always tricky especially if I give it too much gas!

27 minutes ago, markparrish said:

I find that whenever this happens to me it is because I have let my weight shift back, away from the bars. Also I've been told to steer more with the footpegs - leaning the bike over into the turn. Usually when I remember to correct this on the second lap, it solves it, but on loose stuff it's always tricky especially if I give it too much gas!

I found the same thing on my rev 3. It was seemingly caused by not leaning the bike over enough, typically when concentrating on something else like an off camber or loose ground etc. 

As long as the rear shock/spring are serviceable,then I expect it is as above.

Edited by al_orange
  • Like 1