Beta Techno

scott_king

Hi all,

I am looking for opinions on the Beta Techno. Has anyone owned one and ridden it in competition. I am just trying to get a good idea of what it is like to ride before I jump in and buy one. I am looking at the last few years of production 1997-2000.

I have been looking about for a few weeks and found some nice examples but I was wondering if anyone knows if they have a particular weak spot that I need to look out for and how much I should be looking to pay?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Hi,

I had a 1998 Techno a few years ago, it was not to bad but like any Beta it p****d out petrol every time it stood still whilst waiting at a section in a trial event. This can be put right, Send the carb off to John Lampkins at Silsden in West Yorkshire and he will be able so fix the problem by drilling 2 holes on the inside of it. I had it done and it cost me about

Hi,

I've got a 250 Techno '97 and my lad has a 125 Techno '97 (older Zero engine).

We've been lucky, only ever suffered fuel spillage when a spec of dirt got into carb.

Issues/advice we have found on our bikes to watch out for .....

Rear Suspension linkage - check for play - if it's not too bad then it can be re-packed with grease, if it's bad and needs new bearings etc. it could be expensive

Wheel bearings - check for play - the bearings are not too expensive but you'll see posts on here about what a pig they can be to get the old onces out.

Check the Chain and Sprockets - a full new set will set you back

I had a 1996 model for a short while, the upside down forks were rubbish

The 95 was the last one with upside down forks which was blue and red

The 96 was orange and grey with normal gold forks. <_<

Me and my dad both used to have 96 bikes i think mine was lees old bike on your website heath (that one had seen a fair bit of use)

James