Service manual?

lotus54

Yes there is a 174 page service/workshop manual for the Vertigo. 

There is a dealer kit software for the ECU which includes an interface for the ECU and 3 different  bits of software which are tied in to a USB dongle with a dealer license that they have to renew yearly.  All the electronics, FI etc can be diagnosed/tested and calibrated through this software.

• Thanks 1

Good to know - thanks.

Unfortunately, I inquired about a service manual directly with Vertigo via their Facebook page and was given a different answer. As a customer, they only offered a link to the Vertigo parts book - and nothing else. That and the rudimentary owners manual are all I've seen. There's also no documentation for the Athena Wificom setup I bought with the bike beyond the very basics, i.e. how to hook it up. I've gleaned a few insights watching Wiget tutorials for other bikes, so I am making headway - but that learning curve is a bit steep.

I suppose I should inquire with them again, but given you're aware of the service/workshop manual, software and hardware - is this something that's available to mere mortals, and not just dealers?

My nearest dealer is 5 hours away, and having this technical info at my fingertips has been my lone pet peeve about Vertigo. Even if I had a dealer nearby, I'd prefer to do all the work myself.

@syspig They certainly don’t make it easy to get hold of the workshop manual, that’s for sure! If you PM me with your email address I can send you a digital copy.

As far as I am aware the software kit is only available to official dealers, which I can imagine is a pain if you are 5 hours away from a dealer.  I’m fortunate in that I’m currently living only 20mins from a dealer. Having the FI setup by someone knowledgeable made a huge difference to my bike.  The dealer said the system on the newer bikes allows even more precise setup of the carburation.

If you are looking for setup information on the GET ECU then there is a 15min video here, maybe you've already seen it? It’s not a Vertigo but it should be the same process https://slavensracing.com/how-to-tune-your-get-ecu-equipped-dirt-bike/

Thanks much for the offer - PM sent!

Related to Wiget programming of the ECU - part of the reason I'd like the service manual is to see wiring specs and diagrams. It would be nice to figure out how to wire in a battery for ECU programming so you don't have to have the bike running to do so.

And yes, Slavens videos are some I've seen. This one is pretty good as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2020 at 2:37 PM, syspig said:

Thanks much for the offer - PM sent!

Related to Wiget programming of the ECU - part of the reason I'd like the service manual is to see wiring specs and diagrams. It would be nice to figure out how to wire in a battery for ECU programming so you don't have to have the bike running to do so.

And yes, Slavens videos are some I've seen. This one is pretty good as well.

So, in 99% of the cases, you shouldn’t need to tune anything on a Vertigo...however the functionality is a thing.  For the best source in the US, contact Dustin at MotoLand Trials in Kansas - he’s fiddled with the WiGet the most that I’ve heard of....

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, it looks like Simonelongus received a workshop manual just by asking so here goes!  I have a 2020 Vertical 250 so if anyone can send me a workshop manual for this bike or the closest one you have it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!  Beatprojim@gmail.com

10 hours ago, beatprojim said:

Hi, it looks like Simonelongus received a workshop manual just by asking so here goes!  I have a 2020 Vertical 250 so if anyone can send me a workshop manual for this bike or the closest one you have it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!  Beatprojim@gmail.com

Hi, I'll get a copy sent to you today.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 10:41 AM, Primodious said:

Hi, I'll get a copy sent to you today.

Dude, i would LOVE a copy too please :

I need some torque values etc.

Thanks in advance

dogeater@gmail.com