Diagnostics cable

lotus54

Well I finally got around to making up a spare diagnostics cable.  I have  BTWICE one, but got the USB TTL interface a couple of years ago to make some more.

I used another user here (darn if I can remember name right now) for the TX/RX and ground pins (already knew power from battery ones). Worked great!

I tested my BTWICE first, then the one I made. I had to pick a different COM port that matched to the new cable I made, but the driver I had worked great. I see where you can download drivers for the USB interface I used also.

I was running under Win7, reset the TPS and a few other tests. I did not try loading new maps with it though- but I expect it will work just fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tjums said:

Do you know if It it possible to buy the cable anywhere. I'm interested in acquiring one. ?

Regards

Thomas

Do you mean a completed cable? Or just the parts to build one.  I got the USB TTL interface cable from Elmwood electronics, but I’m sure they are available in Europe.