Head tube angle

jcone

Hi I’m doing a Honda cub trials build what’s the ideal head tube angle on a Trials bike, I’m using modern front suspension off a 06 KX85. Just trying to get in the general area 

2 hours ago, feetupfun said:

If you are using a 21" front wheel you may need to have a think about what the trail will be when combined with the KX85 triples. You should be aiming for about 90 mm trail

Yes 21” front wheel 

Make sure you know your intended shock length and expected sag at the rear before modifying the front. Swingarm angle can have a significant effect

Edited by faussy

10 hours ago, faussy said:

Make sure you know your intended shock length and expected sag at the rear before modifying the front. Swingarm angle can have a significant effect

Yes I’m trying to figure that out now, not sure if I should figure ground clearance right now it’s sitting at 15” maybe alittle to much?

• 3 months later...

It’s been awhile but here it is my 1965 Honda cub Adventure bike. It feels very trials like to ride weights about 170lbs and turning radius is very good I have about 16hrs of ride time on it and couldn’t be happier.

52FD02BF-485A-4D31-8CBF-D12A6856ECD7.jpeg

Edited by jcone
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Creepytheclutchmaster said:

How did you get the head tube of the triple clamps to fit through the frame, iv looked at a few honda cub/c90 frames with the idea of doing a off road mod but the head tubes have all been designed for a old fork with a very thin head tube. Cheers. 

I cut the head tube off the donor bike and welded it to the Honda cub

14 hours ago, Creepytheclutchmaster said:

Here is a bike I did a foot peg mount modification and welded some bash guard frame rails in, added a gasgas rear wheel and mini brake mount it was a pretty cool bike. I'd like to do a cub 90 next. 

DSC_0008_1.JPG

What Make is this bike, is it in the US

Ahh though you would of had to do a welded head tube job, I don't trust my welding abilities well enough to do a head tube lol. This bike goes by many names, it's a puzy rocky, a Cleveland ffx, a jumper 125, a stag rocky. A probly a few others, it's a great bike to modify, it has the fuel tank inside the frame and has pretty good geometry for a Chinese bike.the foot pegs are way to far forward from new to be used as a trials bike, but it's an easy fix to be honest.