Beta techno dougie lampkin replica

BetaTechno1999

Hi, I Just bought a Beta Techno Dougie Lampkin replica. It was in terrible condition as the previous owner neglected the bike big time. I had to buy it, as what a waste of a bike. But to be honest, i think i paid a bit too much for the bike in the condition it was in (£600). On closer inspection nearly every bearing has gone on it and will all need replacing. I am on the lookout for a wokrshop manual. I have the owners manual but it doesn't really go into too much detail. I have started the restoration of the bike and i am finding it hard to source parts for it. I will try to upload some pics when i can.

Beta UK have a part website, where you can put in the parts numbers from the above PDF. when i sold mine (a 1999) about 4 ish years ago, getting the plastics was getting a challenge, but you'ld often find old bikes being broken on ebay for parts

There is a used trials bike place called North Wales Trials Bikes and parts, run by David Williams, have a look on FB for him, he may well have a few parts for your bike. Tends to deal with the 90's bikes. Bye, Peter B.

• 1 year later...

That is a 98 techno, cool! I have the same one! Having a real hard time finding a rear caliper. It had an old aftermarket galfer 4pot caliper with an aftermarket bracket that needs rebuilt, but no one has the pots or seals. Trying to find anything that i can use to replace it. The 2000 to 2004 rev, i believe has the same swing arm as the techno. Im waiting for the 00 to 04rev rear caliper bracket to come. With some slight mods i believe a front ajp will bolt on to the rear. This is totally not a fact, but i been at a loss with it and willing to try anything. I have no rear brake, basically the bike is useless to me. Anyone know of any rear calipers or front calipers and bracket that will bolt up to a techno? Goodluck on your build. I love the 98 beta and dont want to let it go. It's in great shape, starts on the 1st or 2nd kick everytime. Thanks