I need some help.

Magnumfox

Hi all

I'm new to trials bikes, I have bought what I believe to be a 1999 GasGas JTX 250, I would like to know is there any way to excatly identify what year or model it is as i would like to buy some parts and other bits and pieces in case of emergency, 

I would also like to be pointed in the direction of a service manual or owner's manual (electronic copy preferred) or even if I could get service information,

Really enjoying trials riding (made the switch from circuit for now till things settle) 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

?

34 minutes ago, tshock250 said:

It’s got an older rear mudguard from a 97 jtx & someone’s also painted the frame black. Should be chrome.

ok slowly piecing the puzzle together, I really appricate your help, would you be reccomend what gear oil I should run

Edited by Magnumfox

Those older GG motors are fine running ATF rated to Dexron III in the gearbox, use 600ml as the fill quantity. The number on the clutch case is the p/n for the clutch case. Check to see that the gearbox oil is not milky looking, indicates water getting into there, usually from a worn water pump shaft/seal. Engine is well put together, reasonably solid, some parts getting hard to find now. Brake pads and linkage bearings are readily available. Bike is considered heavy by modern day standards but these ride well and tend to last ok. Bye, Peter B.