Got to ride my bike soon But

rileys

Well my 158. That I have owned for about 5 years and done nothing to it. Always been too busy. Proper chuffed kicks up on the 1st kick every time 

BUT now I have a petrol leek it’s an alloy tank but never looked very good on one side so off it came and stripped it. Wow what a mess someone has done 

just wondered can it be salvaged ? Nice to know what you guys think would  really like to save it. Here’s a picture 

87D2FB5C-1173-434F-8C4E-80D51909F27C.jpeg

AC24AC4D-324C-4836-97F1-E0C0E054DB31.jpeg

Looks like hard work. Just get a new one from In Motion. Decals, or no decals. Your choice. They are quite well priced.

BTW,

check out YowTube on how to get rid of ethanol from petrol. Not difficult, 

In the hands of someone who knows what they're doing (should be able to find someone in Sheffield if not nearer) it should be able to mostly be pulled out ... it'll still need a bit of filler, but only a skim rather than a whole tub's worth.

If the leak is from the dented area it'll need welding, too.

Hi it’s looks. A little messs. , it’s about $$$ . , I do fiberglass repairs older  bultaco  say 68   And put sealer in tank ,,, !, say metal  alum , steel  , ?.. we tried fix old hodaka  tank croam  was rusty   Inside  cleaned it with acid  cleaner  like 6 times 

so must rust  , were prob just going buy ,another after all that work  cost cleaner , 

Add info , checked ebay reguar basic , there  alum , mf India , 

From 499.00 to 699.00 usd  

Edited by larry s. k.
Add

Thanks for the advice guys. Taken all the filler off looks like someone as tried to use solder as there are big blobs all over 

will have take some time and find the right person to sort it. I have a plastic spare for the time being. My other two bikes have fibreglass 

tanks they have been sealed but you can not leave petrol in them. The removal of ethanol looks good Do others use this process.

thank you