Lower steering bearing

unospeeder

Who can tell/show me what the lower steering bearing assembly actually looks like on a 2020 Evo? I have a factory triple to replace the stock triple and I have the correct bearing and a few other pieces and parts. I put the factory top clamp on the bike already and plan on installing the lower bearing on the factory lower and then completing the swap. When I had the triple out of the bike the lower steering bearing assembly did not look like the parts diagram in that there was no "F/FORK ALUMINIUM RING" below the bearing (#6) at least nothing that looked like the diagram. Also #7, the "OIL SEAL 34,60.39,84.2,62"  was not discernible either. The photo shows what I have parts wise. If it were my Montesa I would assume the larger flanged washer went below the bearing on the steer and that would be that. 

Cheers

beta_steering.JPG

IMG_7743.jpg

Mine doesn't match the diagram or the photo,  it has an aluminium part below the bearing that has a recess around the outside that the o ring fits in. 

I can only vaguely recall that the previous bearing was different and that this kit had a few alternative parts that weren't needed, I had to figure out the best combination of parts. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, totty79 said:

Mine doesn't match the diagram or the photo,  it has an aluminium part below the bearing that has a recess around the outside that the o ring fits in. 

I can only vaguely recall that the previous bearing was different and that this kit had a few alternative parts that weren't needed, I had to figure out the best combination of parts. 

Thanks. I will have to pull the existing triple and get a better look at what is fitted. I didn't have a lot of time and when I realized the lower bearing was not going to come off the steerer easily I stopped messing with it. 

• 4 months later...
On 6/9/2020 at 12:02 PM, totty79 said:

@totty79 is correct. Between the bearing and the bottom clamp sits the part in question. It is an aluminum washer about 2mm thick with a groove for the accompanying o-ring. #6 in the parts diagram makes it look like a cup but it is not.