Won't go into 2nd when cold

dm1

Morning All, I have a 2018 ONE 250 which I've owned from new. For as long as I can remember it will not shift into 2nd gear when cold. It will half select the gear and 'grind' lightly. After running in 1st for a few minutes to warm up, it shifts ok. No issues engaging any of the other gears once warm. I've tried a few different oils, with no improvement. I change the oil frequently and nothing of concern on the plug magnet.

With the engine off and cold, it will not shift into 1st or 2nd, with or without the clutch.

Any suggestions? Thanks

35 minutes ago, dm1 said:

Morning All, I have a 2018 ONE 250 which I've owned from new. For as long as I can remember it will not shift into 2nd gear when cold. It will half select the gear and 'grind' lightly. After running in 1st for a few minutes to warm up, it shifts ok. No issues engaging any of the other gears once warm. I've tried a few different oils, with no improvement. I change the oil frequently and nothing of concern on the plug magnet.

With the engine off and cold, it will not shift into 1st or 2nd, with or without the clutch.

Any suggestions? Thanks

To shift gears with bike motor off and cold, rock the bike forward and back while you hold a steady force on the shifter.

The status of the clutch is not relevant when shifting gears cold or hot, but the transmission needs to be unloaded to change gear.