OSSA 280i gearbox parts

lotus54

I have a customer 2012 Explorer (with fixer nut).  It was stuck in 6th, I popped out the gearbox and found a broken gear. 6th drive gear tooth/engagement dog if I have it right.  It appears on 6th the teeth just extend out to make an engagement dog.  Not very thick there so seems a weak spot?  But I always tell people to shift this slowly and gently and they will last great.  Start ‘jamming gears’ like an enduro bike and you could probably break it in an hour.

I had almost 400 hours on my Explorer (just sold it)- only gearbox issue was a broken return spring.

Edit:

Dang, I forgot the original reason for post.  Who has gearbox parts?  I have a call into Lewisport, but no answer back yet. I’m in the States.

Edited by lotus54

• 3 weeks later...

I carefully reinstalled the gearbox this morning.  Along with clutch, side cover and a few other things.

Fired up in just a few kicks, shifts great!   Glad Adrian could fix the customer up at a reasonable price.

Now to connect the computer and fine tune it, and make sure I got the list of other stuff fixed.  Oddly, one that that didn’t work is the taillamp. It was wired up incorrectly- sure looked like factory to me.  I could pop the pins out and fix.  This bike has only 27 hours on it.

good to get another OSSA back into use.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...