Jumbo ignition breather

geoff850

I am after  bit of advice connecting the ignition breather behind the gearbox filler on a Jumbo, there is just a rubber grommet with a hole in, i can thread an 8mm pipe ( i think it is 8mm od  ) for a short length but does not seem to go in very far, does it need  securing with silicone or can it be blocked up?   i am running an electronic ignition.( Rexspeed)

Or do you have to remove the flywheel to feed it in from inside the casing?

Many Thanks

Geoff

In my experience (240 & 280 Rotax) there is always condensation in the ignition case. Well worth keeping the breather and routing it up under the tank, but with a low point to stop any condensate flowing back.

• Thanks 1

It still is like before, every bike I have owned and raced over the past decades always have some condensation in the ignition case after a couple of runs. Even a boring ATV has the same kind of interesting, internal water production, like the jap one I use to collect firewood. Of course, there is still a breather attached on such a tool, even today.

• Thanks 1

Thank for these replies, on the 240.320 Rotax engines there is a short stub to connect the breather pipe so an easy fit, on the jumbo just a grommet with a hole unless i am missing a part, do i just  thread a pipe in and seal it best can looking at pics of other jumbos they seem to route it behind the engine/ swing arm pivot alongside the gearbox breather pipe with a zip tie

Many Thanks

Geoff