Kickstart issues and tank gas gas txt

Brooksy

Having bought a gas gas txt 300 2004 my first problem was a mid box and end pipe now today's problems my kickstart and spindle pull out half inch and back but today I kicked it it made a horrible grinding noise like it would if I pushed the kick down why running I immediately kicked it in the half inch and it went secondly my tank had a normal screw with a bolt on the other end you could only imagine how difficult that was to get of with zearo room I'm gonna buy the proper screw but I'm missing the bracket under the tank  I'm not sure what there called as it's just a hole  any info on the 2 situations would be brilliant I'm at a horrible stage we're I've bought the bike and need to spend to make it normal  I am gonna lose money I no this but that's what you get being uneducated on bikes and buying from Rob dogs

Edited by Brooksy
Spelling
  • Sad 1

Lineway sorry maybe I didn't explain properly what I ment was it gave the same noise as if I did do that like the grinding noise my friend said it could be Idler gear hitting clutch basket or somthing I don't no 

56 minutes ago, tony27 said:

If it's like most steel framed bikes the bolt should fit into what is called a nut clip at the back end of the tank, should be easy to get. Sounds like there is something missing in your kickstart assembly

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/m6-nut-clip.html

Thankyou I have been looking every were its embarrassing but I was sat a whole 2 hours trying to figure out how to get my nut in behind the fairing on either side not knowing  I had to take the top bolt out my tank to move it up I appreciate that thankyou again

Edited by Brooksy